Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com
Orbitz.com
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 February 2020 via mobile

The resort is run down and I must say I was very disappointed with my stay., definitely not worth the price. What is written on their website is simply not true.

In room wi-fi - it does not work and all the other guests told us the same about their rooms.

Tv - the lady who showed us the room turned on to show us how it works. It did not work and she just left it on without saying anything, she didn’t even turn it off. I went to the office to ask about tv, she told me that she will call a technician. 2h and nothing, so we asked again and again this is what we heard. Third time another lady said that they did not pay for the tv, so I need to wait till the lady who actually showed us the room will come back and make the payment…

Crafts & activities for children - this is simply not true. We asked about it the first day and they said that they don’t have anything and Agoda misled us. Then I remember reading it on their website, I asked again and they said that they don’t have anything. When I said that it is actually written on their website, the lady from the bar was very confused and asked me to wait. After about a few hours I asked again, as she never came back to me and she said that we they can organise a crab race for my child. It was nice, but when you write on your website that there are “Crafts & activities for children” it would be nice to actually have them.

Turndown service - this was not really working. We had an additional bed for our child and it was never opened.

Daily housekeeping - on the end of our 4 day stay we collected so many bottles on each night stand that it was actually funny at some point. They kept bringing new ones but never cleaned the ones that have already been there.

Furnitures run down table tennis is in a vary bad shape, the rackets are almost impossible to use. The cushions have big holes, the wooden deck is dangerous for children, as the wood is sticking out.

We had a couch in our room and it turned out that under a white cover it is all covered in mould, which I discovered because when I was sitting on it it smelled like mould. In a shower there was only very hot or very cold water. We gave a bath to our daughter the first night, bath was not cleaned for the next 4 days.

We had a problem with door, they did not close. It seemed impossible to fix this problem and when I said that it needs to be fixed, they used a sculpture to block the door. In general whenever there was a problem nobody knew how to deal with it and they were avoiding us.

We were the only gusts in the resort at some point, they cleaned all the cushions the night before and did not place it back till we asked the next afternoon. Even then they put only two of them for me and my husband. There are 5 in general, the place is very small. It literally looked as if they were waiting for us to leave. Our driver told us while driving us to the airport that they won’t have guests for some time, so I guess this is what they were doing.

I must also say that the staff was not the friendliest. The person they mention which is supposed to take care of you - our was very difficult to find, so whenever we needed something we needed to ask someone in the bar for help and they did not do anything to help except for saying that they will.

They used to leave buckets and equipment to clean in from of our door, s owe woke up to this view. In the swimming pool one lamp was partly floating as it disconnected. Nobody seemed to care.

It was a bad experience in general and I was very disappointed. Definitely not worth the money or even half of it. There are many beautiful places on this island fro way less and I regret that I did not make a proper research before I booked.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Marta G
Reviewed 5 November 2019

We came to Tides Reach Resort to relax and it was the perfect place to relax. With only 4 beachfront villas in the entire resort, there were very few other guests there. Making it feel like you had your own personal piece of tropical perfection. The villa was exquisite and had everything you could want and more. We loved lounging and reading on the covered deck and on the lounges on the sand in front of it. Now for the beach! It is right there and it is stunning and every night you can watch the amazing sunsets there. It is so easy to slip into Fiji time, where these is no hurry or timetables. All of the staff are so friendly and welcoming and the food is really fresh and local. The only slight negative that we can mention is that there is no written wine or cocktail list and the choice you have for alcoholic drinks is very limited. While we can to relax our teenage children were more keen to explore. This is where Tides Reach Resort really excels. Suka is a really exceptional staff member who went out of his way to give our kids the adventure they wanted. He would serve us breakfast and then take us wherever we wanted to go. We toured the island, watched a local rugby tournament, the kids slid down natural rock water slides and jumped into a waterfall. We went snorkeling in the amazing cabbage patch and yes the coral really does look like cabbage. We had a picnic lunch on a deserted island and got to visit local villages and towns where all of the locals were so welcoming. We would not hesitate to recommend this beautiful little gem of a resort to others and hope to be lucky enough to return one day.

Room tip: All villas are equally good. 2 are 2 bedroom and 2 are 1 bedroom.
Date of stay: September 2019
TidesReachResort, Manager at Tides Reach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2019

Bula vinaka!!!

Thank you very much for posting your amazing review. We had such a great time with you sharing the experience that Taveuni island has to offer. We are happy that you have so many wonderful memories of your time with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

We wishing your beautiful family a happy Christmas!!

Best Regards from Team Tides

Reviewed 9 October 2019

This was our second time at Tides Resort. However, this time we left with mixed feelings as many things went wrong. The positives: great location, absolute beachfront, perfect for a relaxing holiday. Spacious rooms with comfy beds.. The negatives: We chose Tides for the deep sea fishing, snorkelling, tubing and jet skiing. We were that the boat was operational. However, on arrival we were advised the boat hadn't been working for 3 months, the jet ski were also not working. We were really disappointed. The small run around boat they have is not suitable for fishing & was barely suitable for snorkelling. We had no hot water in our villa, eventually the staff got it working but as soon as we turned the hot water off it wouldn't heat up again. This went on all week -disgraceful for the daily tariff paid. On the 6th night, the hot water was finally fixed! The food was hit & miss. Some meals were great, others were average. One of the best experiences of our holiday was meeting Suka , the staff member who made every effort to ensure we had the best holiday possible despite all the set backs. Suka went above and beyond the call of duty, without him, our week would have been terrible. The Management need to really improve the service offering at Tides or I can only see it going downhill. I would not consider returning to Tides unless guaranteed much better service, food & facilities. Thank you once again to Suka, the owner needs to know how valuable you are to the resort.

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 18 August 2019

Lovely welcome by George & Maria and wonderful friendly staff. 4 stylish villas a few paces from the sea with exquisite views. Great food in a family run atmosphere. Superb diving and snorkelling on rainbow reef and wonderful coffee shop.
Waterfalls and rockslide easily accessible and all organized by friendly staff. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank HkSaxxy
DonaMariaKing, Manager at Tides Reach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2019

Bula Vinaka Fitzgerald Family!!!

We are glad that you did enjoyed your stayed with us. Thank you for your kind review and we hope to see you all again.

Vinaka Vakalevu.

Reviewed 25 June 2019

From the impeccably designed lodging to the amazing service, we've had a fantastic time here at Tides Reach Resort. We spent 5 days here with our 7 year old which was easy to do-- the staff were very accommodating. There's little more we could have asked for. We'd return in a heartbeat.

Date of stay: June 2019
TidesReachResort, Manager at Tides Reach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2019

Bula vinaa Dave,

Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel and I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay! especially Wyatt. We looking forward to see you soon.

Best Regards from the Tides Reach Team.

Vinaa,