Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
Hotels.com
Orbitz.com
All reviews free wifi star resort vinaka vakalevu lunch and dinner dorm rafa accommodation island fiji bure ajay meals generator mosquitoes julie
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 May 2022 via mobile

This is a rustic no frills resort. We picked as its advertising said it had a bar, restaurant, free WiFi, air-conditioning and a swimming pool.

It has all these, but the bar only sold beer, the free WiFi was intermittent and patchy, especially when the generator is off each day between 10AM & 4 PM.

Staff are fabulous, especially Julie, who runs the bar and kitchen. She prepares and serves fresh food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. This is reasonably priced as is paid for in cash.

Air-conditioning is not available between 10:00 and 16:00 as the generator is off. This can make an afternoon nap uncomfortable.

A great back packers retreat but at FJ$200 a night

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank PeterJT46
Reviewed 31 March 2022

I had a great stay at Maravu Lodge. Fina and the whole staff were very sweet and helpful. We stayed in a lovely bure that was very clean and had AC. The restaurant also had great breakfast and drinks. Another major plus is that the lodge is very close to the beach, so would 10/10 recommend this place if you're visiting Taveuni (which you absolutely should).

Reviewed 24 March 2022

I am So glad I stayed at Maravu Taveuni Lodge. I had actually booked a local homestay for my time in Taveuni, but due to some unforeseen issues I was scrambling to find another place to stay for my 3 nights on the island. The GM, Samu, was kind enough to let me move over to Maravu on such short notice and gave me a very reasonable rate for my stay. From the moment I arrived, all the staff -- Samu, Rico, Sarah, Ma, Arthur, Juliet, Tia, Mike, Tino, Solo, and all the others -- all made me feel so welcome, comfortable, and relaxed. Out of all the places in Fiji I visited, Taveuni was hands down my favorite place, and a lot of that had to do with my stay at Maravu and the amazing hospitality from everybody there. Vinaka vaka levu to everybody at Maravu for making my time in Taveuni so unforgettable. I will for sure be back. Sota tale! :)

Room tip: An oceanfront bure is the way to go :)
Reviewed 20 March 2022 via mobile

In general. Amazing atmosphere here.
It’s placed in walking distance to the beach and a very nice “dive cafe” just down to the beach. The staff are so cool and they’ll do anything to help you.

I was staying in the dorm and it was nice and clean. The ac dripped with water - thats the only thing I can put a finger on in the dorm.

The food in the restaurant is good as well.

I’ll definitely stay here if I come back to Taveuni.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank travell774
Reviewed 28 February 2022 via mobile

Overall nice resort
Staff are helpful and nice
Restaurant is serving very good food for breakfast and staff at restaurant really nice. The ladies did some special hair arrangements / extensions one afternoon to our girls they were so happy
Not a 5 as not well maintained, both bungalows and pool, lots of mosquitoes . With some renovation could be great

Date of stay: February 2022