“Rooms are horrible, unsanitary at best”

Days Inn Decatur Southeast
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Priceville
Reviewed 9 November 2017

Front desk employee was nice. The room was nasty! Paint all over furniture and carpet. Mold on ceiling above front doorway, stains and scrapes all over walls and bathroom door, tub was not clean at all, carpet and bed had finger and toe nail clippings on them. Couch was old, cushions wore out. Rusty towel racks in bathroom, refrigerator was dirty, soda or something spilt all in bottom, microwave dirty and tv was fuzzy. I used my own sheets and bedding due to mail clippings and stains in bed. Other rooms in same condition, if it wasn’t so late when i checked in i would of went elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 2 November 2017

Scott at the front desk is amazing. He helped us with some lots of things including resetting my Garmon to get us on the highway that was a shorter route. Scott deserves a RAISE.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 October 2017

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

I read the reviews everywhere I go now. Everywhere . Alot of the time they offend me haha . I mean true enough, we all work hard for our money . That's a given . We want the best bang for our buck but I think some want to drink champagne on a cheap beer budget ! The room cost $66. So for us that's on the low end so I didn't expect it to be The Hilton, and nor was it ! Lol I didn't go in , but my husband says the man at the desk at check in was awesome ! He really liked him . So that's a plus . The room had water so hot it would scald you if you were not careful! I love hot water so that's a positive for me ! There were like 2 towels and 1 wash cloth but we managed . You can tell it hasn't had a thorough and truly good cleaning in years, to the point of now it needs a complete redo. It just does. They are seriously in need of an update as the tv's are like as old as me haha . The rooms do smell of smoke . Or ours did, and Again they need a professional cleaning and update job however with that being said , we travel and stay out for months at a time for work. We stay in hotels and motels all across the USA and trust me when I tell you this is far from the worst ! It's sort of like one of those you get what you pay for scenarios. You aren't renting a night at The Hilton nor are you paying for that . I do expect cleaner though . I do. We personally seen no bugs, the bed was super soft and had super hot water and I wasn't afraid of my surroundings . I've literally been in fear for my life before and left within an hour and forfeited all the money paid at other motels ! If you are on a budget its good for you. Could it be cleaner ? Absolutely but it's definitely ok for a night. You'll be fine haha. I think lol We were ! Oh , by the way, don't bother with the washer and dryer though . My money is still in em! I don't even think they are plugged up lol, but they'll eat those quarters up regardless lol If you need immaculate or updated don't stop here but if you are tight on funds and need a cheaper nights sleep you've found your place . Always remember when its a Days Inn for $50, well, there's a reason why! haha

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 October 2017

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Priceville
9.8 km away
12.1 km away
Quality Inn Decatur
Quality Inn Decatur
#16 of 19 in Decatur

Been to Days Inn Decatur Southeast? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK