Ballard Inn
Fess Parker Wine Country Inn(Los Olivos)(Great Value!)
US$ 984
US$ 541
  • Breakfast included
Santa Ynez Inn(Santa Ynez)(Great Value!)
US$ 343
US$ 322
Chumash Casino Resort Hotel(Santa Ynez)(Great Value!)
US$ 174
US$ 154
US$ 129
US$ 117
King Frederik Inn(Solvang)(Great Value!)
US$ 125
Hamlet Inn(Solvang)(Great Value!)
US$ 102
US$ 139
US$ 131
Wine Valley Inn & Cottages(Solvang)(Great Value!)
US$ 150
Hotel Corque(Solvang)(Great Value!)
US$ 154
US$ 137
All reviewswine countrywine tastinglos olivossanta ynezmountain roombrown roomrooms are individually decoratedcold buffetchef ownerfreshly baked cookieseach afternoontasting roomnoise factorstay nightsour favorite place to stayoff street parkingwe've stayed
Reviewed 8 January 2010

My husband and I got away without the kids for a weekend in January. We chose the Ballard Inn for its location (near Los Olivos, but not on the main street), and quaint character. The staff at the Inn was extremely accommodating and very friendly. We dined at their excellent restaurant where everything was perfect. We had a well-trained and delightful server who hails from North Dakota of all places. It was really nice to have dinner with a staff that really knows what they're doing. She was very professional, yet warm and friendly. We stayed in the Mountain Room- lots of light and a lovely fireplace. Wine and cheese in the evening was very good. I thought better than other reviewers had made out. We love this hotel and will be back!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2009

We did the wine tour package through the inn- it was great. I've been on several wine tours in Sonoma and Napa, The tour was through stage coach tour and was great it -great variety of vineywards/tasting rooms. The room was cute, liked the sink was outside of bathroom, comfortable bed. Happyhour was simply cheese and crackes and some antipasta- but wine was good average quality- not supercheap as other reviewers had stated. Dinner was amazing -ate outside was great perfect. The breakfast was probably equally as good we had the special which was avacado and crap omellette with sides of sausage and potoatos- again I don't understand other's comments about breakfast- included in breakfast is also a buffet of cearal, fruit and muffins and then you also get another dish- ps coffee was great. The inn was isolated but minute drive to so many vineywards- Lincourt is actually a 10min walk. Also as a runner loved the location being able to run on a road with so many vineyards on it. Overall great experience- very romantic a true get away

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank penguin78law
Reviewed 5 August 2009

We are used to quiet bed and breakfast off the beaten path. The Ballard Inn is located almost on the street of a fairly used road. Half of the rooms are on the street side so when you open your windows, the sound of traffic lasts until midnight and start again about 5:30 in the morning. The patio area also faces the road. The parking lot is in the back of the building where is is quiet. It's like the got the layout wrong! Nice rooms but quiet noise which takes away from the quaintness.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank porsche21
Reviewed 29 July 2009

My wife and i stayed here in January when things are slow. We got a great deal, as they were running an off-season special. I believe it was $125/night or so. The staff was nice and helpful.

The room (the cheapest they have) was large and cutesy B&B Victorian which is really not my style, but it was very comfortable and clean. The bed was huge and extremely comfortable with lots of pillows. There was a comfortable chair and ottoman, a sink and vanity in the main room, and a nice clean small private bathroom in the room.

There were only 2 other couples at the Inn at the time. We went to the free wine and cheese hour at 4 every day. It was a lovely modest spread of cheese and fruit and a modest white and red wine. We really enjoyed that,and spoke at length with the other friendly guests, sharing experiences about wineries we each had visited. Really lovely.

The restaurant is pricey, but worth it. We went only 1 night during our stay, and it was the best meal we had. I'll never forget the squash coconut soup with curry or the lamb.

We will be back for sure. Probably in January for our anniversary to take advantage of the lower rates. I love the area, and have grown to prefer it as a destination over Santa Barbara. I love the wineries. Modest and unpretentious.

I would say that this Inn and a B&B I stayed in in Carmel are 2 of my most favorite places to stay.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank boomop
Reviewed 24 July 2009

My husband and I traveled with 4 other couples to enjoy a weekend in the winecountry.All the rooms were gorgeous--complete with turndown service and warm cookies at night. The restaurant is exceptional , HOWEVER, an automatic 10% service gratuity is added to the cost of the room which we were not aware of. Prior to our arrival, we had asked that a box breakfast ( fruit, muffins, yoghurt, coffee---something) be prepared for one of our days since we had to leave prior to breakfast. When we arrived, we were told that they hadn't been sure what day (they had everyone's phone number) and one staff person didn't think we could be accommodated.! When we came down the next morning, we got an apple and a baggy of granola. Considering the price of the hotel, the 10% gratuity, and that we were half the number of guests, more consideration should have been extended. That said, they did accommodate a special wine tasting when we told them we would be gone each afternoon and couldn't participate at the regular time.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple