“Cosy hotel”
Review of Schwarzer Adler

Schwarzer Adler
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Uttenreuth
Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Large and newly renovated rooms. Beds are a bit hard and room was too cooled when I arrived.
Very friendly staff. Breakfast was ok however they did not have enough freshly boils eggs for the four of us. Expected a bit more from this hotel.
Food in restaurant is very good.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 7 October 2017

If you want traditional Bavarian cuisine, then this is the place .
A pleasant relaxing atmosphere with good service catering for families.
The menu was ample and varied and the wine list too. The waiter was attentive and happy to serve.Food quality was good and tasty.
This is not a restaurant for customers in a hurry.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 10 December 2016

I stopped by the restaurant last month. I've been here before and as you can read from the reviews here, it's nice, with a lot of atmosphere. A lot of business people from Erlangen come here.

I ordered the wienerschnitzel (which is relatively expensive) and it was the worst I have ever had, anywhere. It was overcooked and burned and should never have been served to me. If I had been on my own, I would have sent it back. However, I was being taken out to dinner by guests and didn't want to make them uncomfortable. In addition, it had taken about 45 minutes to get our food anyway, so I didn't want to go through that again.

A restaurant wanting to be seen as a quality place, as the Schwarzer Adler clearly is, should train their kitchen staff better to never serve food they have prepared incorrectly. There are restaurants a few minutes away in Marloffstein that are much better and a better value. I'd avoid this place.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 6 July 2016

If your travels ever bring you to the village of Uttenreuth, Germany, the best restaurant is the Schwarzer Adler. Mostly standard central European menu, but prepared by someone who knows how to cook. (For example, the Wienerschnitzel is veal, not pork, and it's elegant, not greasy.) I had a filet that was perfectly prepared. I'm sure you'll be happy here.

Not cheap but certainly not outrageous for the quality of food and service.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 1 December 2015 via mobile

Enjoyed a great dinner with a colleague - a veal steak, pan fried potatoes and corn on the cob.
Everything including a nice bottle of Ventoux red wine.
Serving was relaxed and nice.
Only thing stopping from giving 5 stars was the waiting time, from ordering until serving was more than 45 min., and we were only few people, so the veal must have been well hung.

Date of visit: December 2015