“Comfortable relaxing stay with excellent food and friendly staff.”
Review of The Crown

The Crown
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Playhatch
Price range: US$ 25 - US$ 25
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 17 February 2018

Stayed for one night on a secret escapes deal which included a three course evening meal. For starters my wife had salmon and leek fish cakes and I had tiger prawns with chilli, garlic and ciabatta and we both had the hillbilly for the main course. This consisted of ribeye steak, cheese, bacon, mushroom, egg, onion rings, chips and salad. For desert we had sticky toffee pudding and banoffee pie. All the courses were large portions and absolutely delicious.The pub itself had a nice relaxing atmosphere and the staff were very welcoming and helpful.
The accommodation was separate to the pub and was very warm, comfortable and tastefully decorated with a large en suite shower.
For breakfast was was a large selection to choose from and I tried the South African breakfast which was superb.
We had a very relaxed time and overall it was one of the best places I have ever stayed. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

The food here is good, but nothing more and the service is more than a little haphazard. I've never had a bad experience here, but there is enormous room for improvement.

Reviewed 25 January 2018

Tried to get a table at 12.15, when only my car in the carpark and nobody in the bar or restaurant and offered a table for two in front of the kitchen hatch and in the 'corridor' through the restaurant; asked for another table....NO ...so went elsewhere locally...(excellent meal). Drove past the carpark on our way home only three cars in the carpark!!!!
It is off my list of local places to go; I will go to someone who wants my money.

Reviewed 13 January 2018

The interior has had quite a makeover since we last visited and for the better.It is lovely inside with a nice atmosphere. The staff were very pleasant and the service was good. Food was generally good but some portions left a lot to be desired. The ribs were big but overcooked and a bit tough. The pork loin portion were dreadful for the cost of them. Three little pieces not much bigger than a 50p coin - shame on you, or perhaps I was just unlucky? Anyway the other meals were ok so I suppose 50% success rate isn't bad. It is a shame as this is local to where we live but there are a lot of other places nearby that are better.

Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

Very good food along with the service which was quick and efficient. At this time of year they really need to turn the heating on in advance of customers arriving as the temperature was uncomfortably chilly and some of the customers even kept their coats on!