“Thai Dinner”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had dinner and the menu was very modern. Service was good. The restaurant was clean and tidy. The dishes we chose were nice but not outstanding

Reviewed 24 May 2018

We chose the have the lunch menu ($10.90) which was very value for money. There were plenty to choose from and we both loved what we had. The restaurant was clean and had a fresh decor. The staff were friend,y and the food was served very quickly. We loved it so. I have, we went back the next day.

1  Thank langs4d
Reviewed 21 May 2018

If I could give zero rating I would. I have been to this restaurant several times before and had a lovely meal but my last experience was horrendous. I was staying at a nearby hotel my first night in Shoal Bay and this restaurant was the only one that said they had gluten free options. When we arrived asked for a table for two. The restaurant was almost completely empty on a Saturday night with plenty of tables available and they seated us right next the toilets in the far corner of the restaurant.

We complained and said all we could smell was bleach so they offered us a table right next to the cash register up against the drinks fridge - if you had sat there you would have had the bright lights of the fridge in your eyes. We said we wanted to sit at one of the nicer positioned tables that were empty but they refused to let us sit there. At this point I was ready to leave but I was very hungry and need to eat something that was gluten free and everything else in the area was closed. So I just said we'd get takeaway.

They made us wait 40 mins for our takeaway meal. When we ate the meal it tasted disgusting and we could hardly eat any of it. The next morning I had stomach ache and diarreah.

I was so dissapointed by the wait staff. They were so rude and did not apologise. I would also like to add that they were very young probably all under the age of 18 (cheap wages) and when we asked to speak to the manager they told us they did not have one.

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Mod Thai in Shoal Bay has fantastic service. The waitresses were polite and helpful. The food was amazing.

2  Thank Potinabox
Reviewed 5 May 2018

Not bad, not great, just ok. My wife and I came here for dinner, and Thai is one of our favorite cuisines. With a lack of competition in the area there is nothing to really push this place. The food and service were ok, but nothing above average. There are enough eateries around to not have to come back here

1  Thank Sheldon P