All reviews water taxi sea view old town pool area piano bar two sinks rooms are spacious beautiful hotel kids club tennis courts pool staff the bus evening buffet breakfast staff bars and restaurants minute drive bed and breakfast basis
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Fantastic hotel..great staff from reception...spa and all the others..great expirience...nice location.Definetly ro recomend.Bad is the best we have ever slept on...great location ..sea view what can you askfor more

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank MILIVOJ Š
Reviewed 25 October 2017

I travel a lot, both privately and for my work, and I've seen a lot of hotels, but this one has ended up in my Top 5 Favourites. Partially that's due to the beautiful spot on the Croatian Riviera, but otherwise it's all due to the impressive design (stand in the lobby and look up, you'll see lines that Le Corbusier wouldn't have been ashamed of), the luxurious feel and comfort, and last but not least the extremely friendly and helpful service by the staff, all of whom speak good English.

Add a luxury spa with two saunas, a steam room and a whirlpool, a very good size indoor pool and great outdoor pool, and the feeling of being pampered is complete - although I came here to work!

What looks like just a block of concrete on the outside actually has been very well designed on the inside, I was seriously impressed. Rooms are large and extremely comfortable, and that's the feeling you get throughout this hotel. In one way it's a pity it's in an American chain because they seem to like beige a little too much, but if you're going to have a beige interior you might as well have this one, because it's been very tastefully done.

Wifi is free and fast, but then the hotel is used to getting demanding business travelers.

I could come up with a few minor niggles if I wanted to, but they're too minor to mention, really. I've enjoyed my stay so much that I really don't care about a few minor details,

There is one thing I feel the hotel should change, though, and I will mention it to them, in addition to mentioning it here: The floor tiles in the spa/pool locker rooms, and in the toilets near the indoor swimming pool, are much too slippery to be safe in a room where the floor gets wet. I'm not exaggerating when I say that, because I did actually slip on them, and would have had a nasty fall if I hadn't managed to grab a hold of something to prevent this. A sensible interior designer would have gone for non-slip tiles, and that's what these floors should still get, really. The tiles that are there now are beautiful, but just not safe. Not even with the slippers the hotel supplies, they turned out to be just as slippery as my feet.

But ... I love this hotel, I'd love to come back with my wife some day.

Room tip: Ask for a pool and beach view!
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank windmillfan
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

We opted to stay in the Sheraton managed apartment block across the road from the hotel. All the facilities of the hotel are available to you and the rooms are serviced daily. We arrived at night and awoke to the breath taking views of the towering hills that mark the border with Bosnia. From there on it just got better. Dubrovnik Old Town is a 10 minute bus ride up the glorious coast road and is so enchanting it's worth revisiting at different times of the day as the fancy takes.
There is a pebble beach that skirts the hotel with the clearest water imaginable. The views as I swam around the bay were exceptional and there are some very reasonably priced bars along the prom.
The hotel arranged a fascinating tour to Mostar for us too, very reasonably priced and with quality guides at all points of the journey. The staff at reception were so super helpful and so super charming, nothing seemed to phase them. Thoroughly enjoyed our time at the Sheraton and fell head over heels in love with Croatia. Oh and the local wine.......!!!!!!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank baldyfatbloke
Reviewed 23 October 2017

We stayed here in September for 1 week.It was lovely having a private taxi and only 15 mins from the airport.The checking in process was ok but were told our rooms weren't ready but could leave our luggage and go explore.The receptionist didn't seem happy we didn't want to leave a credit card to charge things but we had no intention in doing this anyway.We went out by the pool to the bars by the beach which were very nice and spent many lunch times and evenings here.The rooms were big and spacious and a lovely bathroom..I must say the bed was the most comfortable bed I've every slept in. All good so far but then we went for dinner,the selection of food was very good,however the temperature was warm to cold which was very disappointing.Breakfast had a very good selection and I love the crispy bacon although people were complaining it was over cooked,just shows you cant please everyone.Again the temperature of the food was warm or cold,the pastries on offer were delicious.The pool was chilly,plenty of sunbeds and plenty of towels however we did notice the pool needed some attention with debris from the trees around the edge and just thought it wasn't getting the attention it needed as it was coming to the end of the season.One night we couldn't use the bar as it was closed for a private party which ive never had before on holiday.You can get into Dubrovnik very easily which we did a few times and also went to Montengro for the day.On the whole we had a lovely holiday and looking into going back to this beautiful country.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank city4ever
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Well, what can I say...... amazing. That is all, just amazing.

However, it wouldn't be fair to leave it at that now would it..? We decided to stay here for our short break earlier this month, our first time in Croatia. We were a bit apprehensive, not speaking the language, being unfamiliar with the currency ( kuna) and not booking a taxi to pick us up, deciding to play it all by ear.
We needn't have worried, except for the language maybe (Croatian is hard and I am a linguist!!) but everyone speaks English to some degree and are very friendly.
We checked at the information kiosk about the best way to get to the hotel bus or taxi and were told taxi - 210 kuna - made us panic initially but it's 8-1 gbp and takes 15-20 mins. The hotel is beautiful and clean, modern and sleek. We were greeted and made to feel welcome. Our room overlooked the sea/ pools and was beautiful (226) . The facilities are excellent, gym, sauna, jacuzzi, indoor pool, tennis courts, spa / treatment rooms - massages are about the same price as UK.
We were a bit concerned about the negative comments about the food at the hotel, and arrived expecting it to be bad. It wasn't except for 1 day, we weren't happy with the service, food or the choice at dinner but decided to speak to the hotel management rather than simply writing a negative review on here. Our comments were very much welcomed and agreed with and from that moment on, high standards were back. I would advise you to speak quietly to management if you are unhappy with anything, they can't fix it if they don't know about it.
We were glad not to have stayed in Dubrovnik city, being 15 mins away was lovely, there isn't much to see once you have done the old city, cable car and fort imperial. Getting the bus was easy and 18 kuna each way. We took the water taxi ( unreliable at best! ) to Lokrum - costs additional 90kuna each once you get off the boat- beautiful quiet nature reserve, make sure you take your bathers and a towel, we forgot ours!
We loved being able to explore the derelict hotels near the Sheraton hotel - eerie and beautiful. Go inside it's worth it.
All in all we had a fab time at the Sheraton Dubrovnik Riviera and left feeling pampered and rested - don't be put off by not being in Dubrovnik itself, there are loads of cruise ship tourists filling up the streets there, return to the sanctuary of the hotel, we will.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple