“Best Indian in the southeast!”

Mirchi Tadka Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 43 Restaurants in Moorabbin
Reviewed 20 May 2017

We had been coming here for several years but this was our first visit since it changed ownership. Happy to say the curries are still fantastic....maybe even better! The naans are light and fluffy and samosas crisp with great homemade fillings. It is a casual restaurant, perfect for families (they have smaller mild kids curries) or for a night out with friends. I can't understand why it isn't busier, perhaps the location....but do yourself a favour and make the effort to go, it won't be your last trip.

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

We have just had an awesome dinner at this restaurant. Lovely decor with warm feeling. The food was amazing. We have eaten at many Indian restaurants around Australia. This is officially now my best Food was tasty, well flavoured Indian food. We had butter chicken ( for my daughter who does it like food with any heat ) she loved it !! My husband and I shared Lamb rogan Josh and Chicken Madras medium. Both were lovely, flavourful and good amount of heat. Naan and Roti complemented nicely. Service was great !! Left with a good feeling bring full and happy will be back with friends

Reviewed 17 April 2017

Despite living nearby for years, we had never eaten at this restaurant. So glad we finally did. There was a great range of vegetarian options and our curries were made exactly to our individual tastes (my wife doesn't like hot food, whereas I like a bit of kick). One of the best Indian meals I've had in Melbourne.

Reviewed 31 March 2017

The facade of the restaurant is simple and complete with neon 'Open' sign that flashes out the front, I can't decide if its tacky or the norm for suburban Indian restaurants! On entering the restaurant I wasn't too sure what to expect, the decor simple, charming and comfortable looking chairs, I also appreciated the White linen tablecloth on the tables. Our waitress was gorgeous and once again I failed to ask her name (I seriously need to work on asking names) our waitress was accomodating and respectful without being intrusive.

We started off with complimentary Pappadum's which were light and crispy accompanied with condiments. Entree: Platter of Chicken Tikka, Seekh Kebabs, Vegetable Samosas with mint Chutney. It has been awhile since I've had Samosas that were homemade, perfect pastry and vegetable consistency very tasty, the Chicken and Kebab were also perfectly prepared. Mains: Basmati Rice, Naan Bread, Lamb Rogan Josh and Mixed Vegetable Curry all of the mains left us full but wanting more so we decided to order dessert and we were glad that we did as the Gulab Jamun (Rosewater Syrup) and Mango Pistachio Kulfi were a perfect ending to our dining experience, not overly sweet.

Now for my gripe, where would I be if I didn't have one! The wine list extremely limited and average in quality the only bottle we found acceptable was a Natures Step SA wine Pinot Grigio. My suggestion would be to bring your own as the restaurant carries a BYO licence.

And on a final note the bathrooms were immaculate, I'll say it again it has been awhile since I've dined at an establishment where the bathroom was clean and respected.

We will be back and we will be telling everyone about this gorgeous Indian Gem in Moorabbin.

Love Giulia

1  Thank AvantGardeFoodie
Reviewed 29 March 2017

A terrific local Indian restaurant, with well cooked food, friendly staff and simple decor. We just went as a quick date-night dinner and both agreed that we were coming back with the teenage kids. Food was delicious and in good sized serves.