“This is what to expect”

Hayashi Teppanyaki Restaurant
Ranked #61 of 104 Restaurants in Castle Hill
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

This is the first time at Teppenyaki for us. Reading the reviews I expected small portions..I assume this is the same at all Teppanyaki places.
The staff are very friendly and welcoming.
The "food show" is OK it's just the chef flicking rolled up egg Omletes at you to catch in your mouth and you having to catch a bowl of rice in another bowl.
We ordered the $39.80 banquet which consisted of..
ENTREE
1 spring roll
1 small sushi
MAIN
Seafood - 2 prawns and 5 small squares of calamari.
Steak - about the amount you get in a chicken thigh.
Chicken - 1 chicken thigh
Vegetables - basically some carrot and bean sprouts...a small plate.
Rice - Japanese fried rice..different to the usual. Again a small bowl.
The food was tasty...steak was really tender. There wasn't an overload of sauce.
For 4 people with 2 beers 2 wines and 2 cokes it was $190.
The fact my wife and son are fussy eaters I got to eat part of their meal. If not for that I would have left very hungry.
If you want to go to see what Teppanyaki is all about its a good a place as any. But if you want to go for a good dinner there are a lot of places nearby that have cheaper and more flavoursome food. For us we doubt we'd go back....not just here but Teppenyaki in general

1  Thank Chickaan

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

It's a shame to call this a teppanyaki restaurant. They had 2 "show" grills and most "theatrical" stunt they could do was to throw an egg that would break into the bowl we had. Food portions were quite limited that we had to order outside the banquet menu. Highly over priced for the quality of food and service. My 10 year old daughter begged me not to come here ever again. I guess those who have given a good rating have never experienced a good teppanyaki. What a waste of money and time.

Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

We had Japanese exchange students staying with us, so decided to take them for dinner. Was an absolutely fantastic night. Staff were warm and friendly. Food was great. Would definitely go again and would recommend to others. The owner (I think he is the owner) had us laughing all night. Kids had a ball.

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

Had a quick dinner for three and although the food was tasty, it's on the salty side. Service was quick and friendly. Limited selection but not bad.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 February 2016 via mobile

Expensive for very, very basic dishes and tiny portions. Rice, 2 prawns, tiny bit of cubed beef, chicken and bean sprouts. Points for lovely staff and a few goes at catching food.