“Rude staff, slow service”
Review of Spears Cafe

Spears Cafe
Ranked #86 of 114 Restaurants in Castle Hill
Description: Modern Australian cafe great location outside Apple store we use local produce with warm friendly staff
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I made the mistake of going here for coffee after work, the waitress who took my order has never once smiled in the past 9 months that I have been working at Towers.
The old waitress with grey hair insisted on walking infant of me as I waited for order, and spoke incredibly rudely to me as she shoved past me. Then preceded to stand in front of my coffee when it was made making it difficult for me to pick it up.

As i work in the centre and this cafe is close to my work its a shame because it could be my regular but I would rather walk to nay of the other cafes with much friendlier staff.

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Was served by an older waitress who obviously did not want to be there... when my burger came out the bread tasted stale and the whole thing was dry and really not very nice... not a good experience.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

Castle Towers has numerous cafes, but which is best.

We discovered this pleasant and open venue SPEARS CAFE, Friendly staff, reasonable prices and as we discovered delicious tasty ample meals together with a delightful coffee to complete the meal.

Well worth the time to enjoy a break from retail shopping.

Highly Recommend.

Reviewed 14 February 2018

We were there on a Wednesday noon, not expecting the least. The two middle aged waitress were less than enthusiastic. Their attitude is “I am here to do my job… don’t give me any trouble”. We were interested in their advertised table drink which looks like a beer and I asked her what kind of drink was it and she bluntly told me “it’s not a beer” and full stop. She does not seem to have the desire to elaborate further. We asked for water before ordering but the water never came. We did not pursue since we afterwards ordered two pots of green tea. My wife asked for hot water refill and we were surprised to hear that we will be charged a dollar for a refill which we couldn’t be bothered as we had settled that the establishment is really mean.

The food is not the best but is not bad either and the environment is quite pleasant except you have to expect to front two grumpy waitresses who are not to mess with.

We certainly will not go back and we do not recommend to anyone.

Reviewed 25 January 2018

This cafe is located just outside the Apple Store in Castle Towers, Castle Hill. Decided to grab a couple of coffees for my wife and I and was very happy with the quality of the coffee. Friendly service. Plenty of people sitting in the cafe which is always a good sign for me.
Worth a try if shopping in the towers..