“Michelin Star Restaurant....Brilliantly Done Food !!!”
Review of Landhaus Feckl

Landhaus Feckl
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Ehningen
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 July 2016

This Michelin Star restaurant is located inside the hotel. I ate there twice, once for breakfast, and once for dinner. Service is brilliant, very friendly staff (everyone speaks English). They even brought me an English menu for dinner.

Reviewed 24 January 2016 via mobile

The four of us had each a menu. 3 courses are enough. The quality was excellent. The pheasant I had was the juiciest I ever had. Mr. Feckl explained he sources them from a hunter whom he knows personally.
The dessert was a little too sweet for my taste, and I don't really understand why the waitresses wear Dirndls. Apart from that a perfect Dinner.

Reviewed 4 December 2015

I have dined at Landhaus Feckl on numerous occasions, usually for special events - birthdays, anniversaries, etc. The food has always been of high quality and the service outstanding. Feckl also offers small-group cooking courses frequently throughout the year, each time with a particular theme - Mediterranean Cuisine, Asian Cuisine, and so on. I have presented my husband and son these cooking courses in the past, and they greatly enjoyed the experience, both in the cooking skills they learned and in the bonding of cooking together. (I always joined in afterward to savor the meal!)

Reviewed 26 July 2015 via mobile

I was able to get a reservation quickly. I really enjoyed the salad and the gazpacho soup! My only recommendation would be to offer a wine pairing with the food.

Reviewed 24 January 2015 via mobile

I've been there for years for business lunches and dinners. It is pretty much the only adequate business restaurant option in the area.
I am celiac, so going gluten free is not a choice for me. Despite pointing out my gluten intolerance many times and for many years, about every other time I go there I have some type of gluten on my plate. May it be bread crumbs, croutons or similar. I always let the food go back to the kitchen and point out the problem. Last night I went there again and it was worse than ever. I had two salads and a sherbet. Each salad had croutons on it and the sherbet was bedded on a flour containing chopped type of mushroom. As always I pointed out the issue. However, it's one thing if this happens with one course, but all three? Plus: if you have ever been at a business dinner were you had to let all your plates go back for corrections, well, it was very unpleasant. I really do not like being the center of attention with my celiac, having to explain details about the condition at the table... sure enough I felt very embarrassed.
At the end the Chef, Mr. Feckl, came out and I thought he wanted to apologize. Well, I was wrong. He told me that the croutons were really little so they shouldn't cause a problem. When I told him the opposite he changed his story, saying that the croutons are large enough so that I could shuffle them to the side. In summary: for a higher end place, it's a shame how they treat my special needs. If this were the US, I would definitely consider other actions.

5  Thank A.L. H