“most unprofessional - chef dismisses gluten intolerance ”
Review of Landhaus Feckl

Landhaus Feckl
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Ehningen
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 January 2015 via mobile

I've been there for years for business lunches and dinners. It is pretty much the only adequate business restaurant option in the area.
I am celiac, so going gluten free is not a choice for me. Despite pointing out my gluten intolerance many times and for many years, about every other time I go there I have some type of gluten on my plate. May it be bread crumbs, croutons or similar. I always let the food go back to the kitchen and point out the problem. Last night I went there again and it was worse than ever. I had two salads and a sherbet. Each salad had croutons on it and the sherbet was bedded on a flour containing chopped type of mushroom. As always I pointed out the issue. However, it's one thing if this happens with one course, but all three? Plus: if you have ever been at a business dinner were you had to let all your plates go back for corrections, well, it was very unpleasant. I really do not like being the center of attention with my celiac, having to explain details about the condition at the table... sure enough I felt very embarrassed.
At the end the Chef, Mr. Feckl, came out and I thought he wanted to apologize. Well, I was wrong. He told me that the croutons were really little so they shouldn't cause a problem. When I told him the opposite he changed his story, saying that the croutons are large enough so that I could shuffle them to the side. In summary: for a higher end place, it's a shame how they treat my special needs. If this were the US, I would definitely consider other actions.

5  Thank A.L. H

Reviewed 3 December 2014

Excellent deal for business lunches, 3 course meal, very tasty, decent atmosphere, bit noisy around noon

Reviewed 7 October 2014

We spend a perfect time for lunch in this suburbian restaurant with an traditional interior. A three course meal; pumpkin soup followed by kraetzer fish (trout from Lake Constance) with spinach and potatoes; finally a variety of various sweets. Simply delicous. Even the price was propitious. € 39,00 per person. Further a fine selection of wine by the glass. I loved it and will be back as soon as my business is in need for me to come over.

Reviewed 1 October 2014

if you'd like to go to a place where where you can chose between really special menus, then go to this restaurant. What ever you chose, your palate will experience interesting and delicious tastes.
Did you ever try black, or red salt with bread and olive oil? Well, I could spend some time descibing all the menues they offer, so I suggest that you go to their web-page instead.

The waitresses are very kind and advertant. They know the menu and special meals of the day/week by heart and explain it to you.
Your sit in a rustic ambience, by the way.

Well, the price for these menus created/prepared by the 1-star cook are not cheap, of course. They are between 60 and 90 Euros, but for me it was really worth spending it.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I recently stayed in the Hotel, I arrived late, around 9:30pm, Kitchen was technically "closed", but the staff allowed me Soup, Salad and Bread...It was fantastic! Service was friendly, like you are at home. I also had dinner a few nights later, again I was delighted by the quality of the food and service. I'll definitely be back!