“Great quality food and friendly staff”
Review of The White House

The White House
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 18
Cuisines: British
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: This old coaching house dates back to 1670 and has been in the Marney family for 30 years!. We are situated high in the Pennine hills on the edge of Littleborough, the Pennine way passes our front door and the 'tour de France' on the 6th july is on our doorstep. We serve quality home cooked meals every lunch time and evening.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Wanted to take my parents out for a drive and something to eat and my friend recommended this place. I've driven by many times over the years but never popped in. We were given a warm welcome. There was a wide choice on the menu and lots of specials. Never had to go to the kitchen to order my food before - nice quirky feature! The food was good quality and reasonably priced. My husband particularly liked the Cumberland sausage.

2  Thank Catherine C

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Been this evening the food is ok, but nothing special, they serve large meals, which was ok, but the chips are dreadful, crispy bits which should be thrown away not served , if I was visiting again I definitely would not have chips! The food is served hot, and the staff are really nice and welcoming. After reading the reviews and recommendations I was slightly disappointed.

1  Thank Paul M
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

One of the ladies behind the bar was horrendously rude, not just to us but another customer we saw.

Firstly a customer asked if they were ok to sit at the table they were at or if it was reserved, she rudely replied no it is not reserved. Her attitude was horrible.

A child of our party, accidentally spilt a bit of a drink and she was really abrupt about it. Lastly, when one of our children were singing a song she said no no not that loud it’s been a long day. Theres picnic benches out there.

She was very rude, maybe in the wrong job!! It was not anyone’s fault that it had been a long day for her, and certainly not a reason to be rude to customers!

I had been prior to this and dealt with other bar staff who have been really nice but today I would really say has put me off going again.

4  Thank Tour566295
Reviewed 29 March 2018

my wife and i plus eldest grandson ( his 13th birthday) went for his birthday meal ( his choice)
as my wife and i have been here before we can say with all honesty that a bad meal or any complaint has never happened or been needed
we have had a dinner time visit and again a very good selection to choose from ( do check the specials board)
night time starts about 6,30pm and can fill up quite quickly so either phone and book or go rock and roll and chance it

1  Thank jakeblues2016
Reviewed 12 March 2018

Lovely home cooked food, always something different on the special's board. Staff friendly, service excellent. Prices very reasonable. Nice house wine. Lovely views.