“Needs a revamp”

Add it.
Charlotte's
Cuisines: European
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We went last Sunday and the decor needed a good sorting out. Spot lights with masking tape on and glass table tops needed a good clean. Shame as it is in such a lovely spot and could be nice.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

having visited the café before, it was always OK and served toasties, snacks etc. The last visit was a disappointment. It was half empty and, despite the pleasant and helpful waitress, there was no atmosphere and the food was lukewarm when we got it. There are excellent eateries around Hollingworth lake and, unfortunately, this isn't one of them. A pity as it could be a good little café with a bit of work.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

We visited this cafe in around March 2013 where the service was terrible then, my son asked for a strawberry milkshake and a cheese sandwich, half way through his milkshake he said he felt ill didn't think that it was anything to do with the cafe at this point but on returning home my son became very ill and was sick.
We made a return visit to this cafe today once again my son had asked for a milkshake about an hour after we left he was complaining of feeling ill again and when we got home he has been violently ill.
The staff where again miserable and unfriendly and the floor looked like it hadn't been cleaned since we where last there, the teapot had a cracked lid and tea stains right down the spout, the food we ate wasn't brilliant the bacon looked like it had been cooked in a dirty frying pan as did the egg the expensive price did not reflect what was served by a long way , heaven knows what the cleanliness of the kitchen is like, needless to say we will be NOT ever make a return to this dump.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

After our usual cafe closed down in littleborough we chose to eat at charlottes cafe overlooking hollingworth lake. We entered and was greeted by a young, not very pleasant girl. We asked for a table for two and was told to sit 'wherever, as the cafe was empty. We chose a table and ordered two full breakfasts. My egg looked a little too runny so I tried a little and left it. We came to pay the bill after flagging the gossiping staff who was more interested in their night out the night before than their customers, I told the girl that my food was poorly cooked to which she added a lame 'ill tell the cook'. We left the cafe disappointed. I started with severe stomach pains which I ended up in hospital where they told me I has gastroenteritis which can be caught by contaminated food. I will definitely not be eating here again.

1  Thank Jodie A
Reviewed 31 May 2013

We had visited the cafe before in winter for hot chocolates, and it was lovely. However, we will not be visiting again. We were a group of two adults and four children. The waitress was welcoming moving seats for us to all sit together. The menu was limited to sandwiches, toasties and meals with chips. My friend had curry which was ok. The children mainly had children's meals with chips and beans. I selected poached salmon in cream and prawns. It was quite tasteless and after a couple of bites I found it was uncooked in the middle. It was promptly returned. There was no real apology. I re-ordered a toastie - easily enough not to mess up I thought. After eating half of it and half a tomato I looked at the other tomato and saw it was mouldy - hence the earthy taste of the other one. Again, dish returned and an apology and I was told I would not be charged for my meal. I was very disappointed with service following birth if my attempted meals. Mistakes are made, but it is how these mistakes are rectified that is the key.