Lowest prices for your stay
eDreams
Hotels.com$97
Etrip
Destinia.com
1,195 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 September 2020 via mobile

The hotel was large and had all necessary facilities. But because this hotel was old so it gave quite old and spooky atmoshpere in the room. The breakfast was not varieties but sufficient, they was asian style and some cereals. The price was quite cheap so if the low price was the key thing, this hotel was recommended but if the budget could be more, I would prefer other hotels in the area.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank punyaveenapalai
Reviewed 27 July 2020 via mobile

Stayed at the Ocean Wing. Ambassador City may have been a nice place in the past but it has definitely lost its glory. The room smelled like an old cabinet. All of the furnitures were also old. One will see that there hasn't been a lot of maintenance and upgrades made for years. The TV was still an old 32inch Sanyo, and the phone probably was the first keypad-style after the rotary phone. The pipes in the shower leaked and it creates a puddle of water constantly inside the toilet. Actually, upon checking in, a plumber went inside to fix something already but still... Then there was the service. It was aweful, not to mention none of the staff are able to speak and understand English. A high pitched alarm went off at midnight which woke me up. I called reception and reported the sound. She said she will send someone in 5 minutes! Imagine how painful it was to listen to that aweful sound until the maintenance person came. Honestly, for the amount they charge, it wasn't good value. Definitely won't be coming back.

A friendly message to the property manager, take down the pictures on your website because the hotel and the rooms are nothing like what you advertise online.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Ray_0178
Reviewed 8 July 2020

I stayed here for two nights in March just before Covid hit. On checking in I found the staff to be very attentive and helpful and the reception area as opulent and clean as any luxury hotel. My room was in the Marina Ambassador Tower. Of course the sea views were magnificent but the room was very "spartan". I stayed in military barracks in the 1980s that were more comfortable and cleaner. There was a fine veneer of dust on everything and the showers were frankly dirty with mould and shower spray from previous occupants. My aircon would not work properly so I called reception. A very helpful concierge came and tried to remedy the problem and when not able to, assigned me a much improved room on the next floor up for no additional charge. This was cleaner and the aircon worked fine. She could not have been more helpful.

Walking around the grounds it was obvious that the hotel was at very low occupancy as two complete blocks appeared to be shut down. Most things looked fairly tired but functional. The "private" beach was a little dirty with litter. I ate breakfast in the restaurant twice and the food was okay, nothing special except 3 of the 4 coffee machines had broken down and that made getting a cup almost impossible. These are little things but they tend to add up. Most Thai hotels catering for foreign tourists provide excellent breakfasts but this was a little ordinary. Not sure if I would venture back again.

Room tip: Sea view rooms have magnificent view but check the aircon when you get to room
Date of stay: March 2020
1  Thank peterjJ1723BI
Sarunyu Rianthong, Marketing at Ambassador City Jomtien, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2020

We are sorry to hear that you didn't receive the best experience with us.

However, we would like to thank you for expressing your concerns and pointing out the flaws. We will continue to improve upon your suggestions.

We would like to deeply apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced and hope to welcome you again.

Reviewed 8 July 2020

I use the gym facilities three times a week & travel 15 kms to do so. After the lock-down was eased I returned. After two weeks the price was raised by 50%. After another two weeks there was ANOTHER 33% raise!
I appreciate Thailand is suffering from a lack of foreign tourists but I have to protest about the thinking behind their efforts. My friend and I are now searching for alternative venues before the cost goes up again. After that they can raise it weekly - 50% of zero = zero.

Date of stay: July 2020
2  Thank mwbell2000

Reviewed 10 March 2020 via mobile

I and my family took vacation here and spent 1 night. I would like to say that, I went here many times and this time I very disappointed with the service. I tried to understand the staff who work hard in this industry but when we arrived, we found something on the sofa, so I didn't know what’s that. This is the first thing I didn't impress.

And this hotel is very stingy, I didn't understand why they don’t give us Wi-Fi password even they promoted in social media for ”FREE WI-FI”.
What is the standard for the guest who pays less about the room and didn’t get the Wi-Fi password?

In the room, we would like to say that we’re quite satisfied but!! in the shower room, the hanger was close to breaking down and the blanket is very dirty, I found that when I pulled it up. The pillow was thick, my father gets pain after he slept. The breakfast is less than before so, at this point, I tried to understand that the hotel would like to save cost but it was too much.

This is what we found for our trip, I hope that the hotel will solve that problem and improve it better.

Date of stay: March 2020