An amazing beach holiday with absolutely stunning location, views and snorkelling.
If you want white beaches, peace and quiet and stunning blue waters, Thudufushi is for you.
As so many other reviews have mentioned, a 30-40 minute flight from Male starts the trip and you fly to Thudufushi.
You're met on arrival with welcome drinks and towels and after a long flight from the UK, that was required.
We stayed in July 2010 so before the new water villas were built, so be very interesting to go back and try one of those.
The location and views are incredible, a small island that can be walked or swum around in 10 minutes.
In my opinion, this is the main appeal as it makes the island quiet and relaxing.
The staff are superb and nothing was too much trouble.
From what has been reviewed the animation teams change every season but our team were excellent and the evening talk about the stars was superb.
Food was very good, varied as we were there for 15 nights ! and the lobster meal on the beach is a must.
The beach villas are excellent and we stayed on the west side of the island in a detached villa, and had a lovely deck to sit and watch the sunset.
You stepped straight on to the white sand and then a few more steps and you're in the gorgeous sea and the reef for the snorkelling !
Manta's, small sharks, thousands of multi-coloured fish and the turtles, exactly what you'd expect to see, was there.
We went in July when it is cheaper due to their alleged rainy season, we stayed for 15 nights but only had 3/4 days when it rained.
It was still very warm and we still went snorkelling etc, just no sunbathing for a couple of hours during those 3/4 days, whilst the downpour came in.
Did a couple of trips out snorkelling but no diving, again very well organised with top class guides and equipment.
Perfect for a special trip or honeymoon and would love to go back some day ..................
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kick off your shoes and unwind at Diamonds Thudufushi, a little piece of paradise on its own private island in the Maldives. Set on a white sand island within the turquoise waters of a shallow lagoon, Diamonds Thudufushi offers luxurious accommodation and outstanding levels of service. Located on the south-western rim of Ari Atoll, just a 35-minute seaplane flight south of Male' International Airport, the resort is secluded and tranquil, providing optimum privacy in unspoilt surroundings. The natural beauty of the island has been retained and enhanced. Beach Bungalows have individual verandas and private beachfronts along the coral-sand shore. Experience the diversity of the Maldives by pairing your visit with a stay at Diamonds Thudufushi, offering intimate village charm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Diamonds Thudufushi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamonds Thudufushi Beach & Water Villas Hotel Thudufushi Island
- Diamonds Thudufushi Beach And Water Villas
- Thudufushi Hotel South Ari Atoll
- Diamonds Thudufushi Thudufushi Island, Maldives