“Exceptional!”
Review of B&B Le Ghiande

B&B Le Ghiande
Ranked #1 of 2 Montepertuso B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 July 2012

I consider myself quite a critical guest, having stayed in very many hotels and B&B's over the years for both work and leisure. I can't remember ever giving maximum marks to anywhere I've stayed before even though many have been very, very good. Two things set Le Ghiande apart - the setting and the hospitality of the owner, Salvatore.

The setting on a hillside of vineyards and lemon groves above Montepertuso, itself high above Positano, is stunning, with views along the rugged Amalfitana coast to Capri at the western end of the Sorrentine peninsular. Breakfast was served on a terrace overlooking the sea and my room had a private terrace with the same spectacular views.

Marco [Salvatore's young cousin] seved me a selection of ice-cold drinks on my arrival on an incredibly hot afternoon before showing me my room. Salvatore later discussed walking routes, and bus and ferry timetables with me and printed off one of these from the internet. I stayed two nights and arriving back too tired the second night to venture out to one of the 3 restaurants close by, unasked, Salvatore brought bruschetti, fruit and wine to my room, none of which I was charged for. Similarly the minibar was stocked with a small collection of drinks, and these too were included in the price of my room.

Le Ghiande is quite easily accessible by the hourly bus from Positano [plus a shortish flight of steps up from the road]. There are at least 3 restaurants within easy walking distance, one of which, 'Il Ritrovo', which, though it isn't cheap, serves sublime local cuisine.

My room was spacious, clean and comfortable, if a little bare. 2 very small suggestions to improve the room would be to provide bedside lamps [the central light gave a cold, harsh feel to the room] and to provide a rubbish bin in the bedroom [in addition to the one in the bathroom].

To conclude, Le Ghiande is an exceptional B&B. Salvatore deserves every success.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Tontilly

Reviewed 6 July 2012

A wonderful place to stay. Salvatore was a great host, warm and welcoming, giving us all the information and advice we required without being over bearing. The house is in a strunning location. We booked the smaller room with a juliette balcony but this still proved to be very spacious with excellent facilities, and the views were marvellous. We did a couple of wonderful walks that were very accessible from Montepertuso including 'The Path of the Gods'. There are good restaurants available in the village and Positano if you wish is easily accessible.So glad we chose Le Ghiande and hope to return.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2012

I spend a lot of time on Trip Advisor and was quite surprised to find so many amazing reviews about this B&B. In fact, it was to the point where it seemed un-real. It wasn't just the fact that everyone is giving this place 5 stars - but it's the fact that everyone is simply saying SO MANY good things about this place.

Well, we just came back from Le Ghiande and I am happy to "admit" that it's all true. This place is an absolute JOY. And the main reason it's a JOY is Salvatore, Regina, Marco and the entire family.

For the 6 nights we spend there, we felt part of their family and that's a feeling we've never felt in any other hotel/B&B/etc., anywhere.

So a very big thank you to Salvatore, Regina, Marco and the familia. We miss you and we thank you for making us part of your family.

Grazie Mille!!!

Room Tip: Tip: Take the "1000" steps down to the beach at least once. It's not that hard and it...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Just amazing a little slice of heaven...We first arrived tired and knackered they greeted us with cakes and drinks and showed us maps of where to go and how to go here..then our room was clean and very nice the balcony had an awesome view of the whole of Positano and you just feel like you are in a picture just breathtaking words cant describe it. the bathroom is very nice aswell. Salvaltore and his family that own this B&B are just so kind and made our experience a highlight... unfortunately I broke my foot on the stairs walking to Positano once i arrived back at the hotel the family got me ice packs..pillows..food and drinks... and even called in his uncle who was a doctor... as I couldnt move they cooked dinner for myself and my boyfriend and brought us breakfast in the morning they then organised for me to go to the hospital in Sorrento and carried me down the 100 steps to the road they waited for me in the emergency room for 5/6 hours and then drove us back and cooked us lunch and dinner again that night... i have never had people look after me and be so caring before in my life.... they are truly amazing!!! if you dont come for the amazing service ... then come for the view and the rooms! Definately wouldnt stay anywhere else I cant thank them enough!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2012

My fiancee and I had an incredible stay at Le Ghiande. We are both students and therefore travel on a tight budget. We could not believe what we got in Montepertuso! Our room was fantastic (clean, comfortable, spacious, and had an incredible view). More importantly Salvatore was an incredible host. He was extremely welcoming and provided us with maps and advice about what to do and see. We recommend the hike from Bomerano! His breakfasts and his wine were delicious!

You won't want to leave. We frequently just got sandwiches and wine from the market in Montepertuso and enjoyed dinner outside with a fantastic view. We liked it so much we stayed an extra day.

If coming from Sorrento make sure to ask the bus driver to notify you when you reach Chiesa Nuova (write it down in Italian before leaving). It is easy to miss.

Enjoy your trip and thank you Salvatore!

Room Tip: We had the room Vitri which was beautiful. It has two large windows that open over a fantastic view...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andrew H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montepertuso
1.2 km away
#23 of 53 in Positano
Venus Inn B&B Positano
Venus Inn B&B Positano
#20 of 53 in Positano

Been to B&B Le Ghiande? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK