Hotels.com
Priceline
Orbitz.com
Travelocity
5,505 results
All reviews beaches ocho rios water park kids camp my son the bus family vacation banana boat kids club all ages main pool water sports sesame street swim up bar piano bar scuba diving gift shop crepes
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 May 2021

After returning from an AMAZING 9 day vacation, I hope this review provides you with the level of happiness and satisfaction this resort and trip brought us. I cant speak highly enough about our incredible experience. This was our first time travelling internationally with our kids (5 and 13), and the entire trip was seamless. The most relaxing, enjoyable trip you will ever take! We have looked at other resorts, cruised as a family, and after visiting Beaches, we will only travel to their resorts again, this has become our new traditional and family vacation.

Lets start with the transfer service. This is offered separately from Beaches, and our travel agent booked it. Mobay service. A representative will meet you at the airport and escort you through the airport in Jamaica, they will fast track you through customs and leave you at the VIP Sandal's lounge with beer, snacks and AC!!

From the moment you arrive at Beaches, you will feel pampered and taken care of. Beaches Ocho's Rios has nailed the concept of customer service and family vacations! We had a concierge suite, which I would highly recommend. It provides you will an office that is close to your room, which eliminates you having to walk to the front desk when you need things. They are available to help you with dinner reservations, room keys when you forget them, and they will bring you anything you need to your room (including liquor, beer and wine! )

We did two excursions: Dolphin Cove and Dunn's River Catamaran cruise. I would highly suggest trying these both! Dolphin Cove was the most magical experience, not only for us, but for our children. When you check in, they will offer an upgrade for $70 pp.... DO IT!! You get extra VIP time in the water with the dolphins, lunch, 1 drink (beer or soft drink) and it includes all your pictures! Dunn's River Catamaran Cruise is also incredible. You stop first and get to snorkel. They have lifeguards that will go in the water with little kids, allowing them to hold on to the lifeguard savior and still snorkel. SUCH a great experience because of this and our youngest daughter. You than will visit the waterfall, and climb 968 feet! On the way back, you get lunch, DJ and my favorite RUM PUNCH!

We tried all of the restaurants the resort offered. Our family enjoys trying different foods, so we enjoyed each of them in our own way. Neptunes and Venetian were our favorite. BBQ place is great for lunch, and you can get take out, and bring it to the pool or beach. The resort does not have a "all day" snack place, but the gift shop offers chips and other snacks.

Now for all the amazing people that work at the resort, you deserve ALL the credit, and I hope that this review reaches back to each of you, to express my gratitude. Omar and Odayle (bartender at the main pool), Jinelle (server). Dillon (resort host), Jennelle (spa), Shayla (server), MC host for all the entertainment (I forget his name), Aunty Pat (kids craft coordinator), ALL the kids club coordinators and team, concierge employees, Paul (pool bar), and ALL the restaurant staff. Also thank you to the security team, who tracked my sons lost phone down at 12:30 AM and returned it!! Akeel (water sports area) and the scuba diver instructors who taught me and my son to scuba dive! From the bottom of my heart, you all are such amazing people, and made our trip unforgettable. I can not thank you enough!

Last, some extras that I think are worth spending on at the resort: Sesame Street Breakfast, certified for scuba diving and golf. You will also have someone coming around alot taking pictures of you that you can purchase to buy at the end. We did the 15 picture package for $200 (something), and they are all so great, because they capture those moments you missed or didn't get.

We already put a deposit down for next year. We are going to try Beaches Negril, to check out another area of Jamaica, and I can only hope everyone there provides us with the amazing experience we had at Ocho's Rios. But don't worry, we will be back to Ochos Rios to visit soon!

1  Thank cristinalM2044YS
Reviewed 28 May 2021

This is the best resort to go relax with your family. They have everything you can think of. I loved the kids camp and staff excellent service. What else can you ask for. It was my first time and I recommended 100 %. Food was perfect as well.

Reviewed 27 May 2021

My family and I spent 5 full days on the beautiful resort of Beaches Ocho Rios. We loved the food! We loved the beach and ocean! We loved the fun activities! We loved the excursions! Most of all we loved the staff! Shout out to Tom Cruise - entertainment, Dukel - cabana butter, Taisa - waitress, Malissa - spa, Hanief - waiter, El-Jay - concierge, Sara - concierge, Yori - snorkel guide, Sheldon - snorkel guide, Mr. T - driver, Shakespeare - driver, Richard - driver, and many many others! These beautiful people made my family and I feel like royalty. We loved learning the Jamaican culture and definitely feel a part of ONE LOVE! We will miss you and hope to return some day. We also had a big bonus by making new friends that stayed in the the room next to us that we plan to keep in touch with. New family members - Shawn, Shelly, Annaleece, & Braden.

Be prepared for a 2 hour drive from the airport. COVID did limit the nightly fun but the staff did their best to provide as much as they could under the restrictions.

Room tip: Staying in Greek Beachfront Concierge Terrace is a must.
Reviewed 26 May 2021

This was our family's 5th trip to this resort (we've been coming for 14 years). We still love it and we'll be back! We had booked for 2020, but had to move our reservations due to the pandemic. I was a bit hesitant to travel while there are still so many restrictions, but Beaches made it easy doing the Covid testing to travel back right there on property and giving us the results and paperwork for the airport in a few minutes.

The resort staff was all masked up, but I would suggest vaccination before travelling as most tourists were not. Hopefully it won't be long until the staff is able to vaccinate, because we were feeling bad for them having to keep their masks on in the outside and pool bar in the heat and even in the pool. Despite this they gave us the most absolutely wonderful service everywhere we went in the resort, especially Michael at the Venetian, Moreese at Neptunes, and Natasha at Bayside. We also loved the Opa bar right above the water sports area, bartenders Kayla and Tamara were great! We had an awesome time on the snorkel trip and enjoyed going to Dunn's River falls. The falls are at such a low capacity right now that it felt like an experience we'll never get again.

There were a few changed due to Covid, the staff serves you at the buffet, so you don't touch anything, and Club Liquid isn't open right now because its such an enclosed space. This was also the only time that our signature guest status wasn't acknowledged in anyway, no big deal I think they're still trying to get up to full staff as the tourists return.

We thought the food was wonderful in all of the restaurants and people on here saying there wasn't food between meals are mistaken as the Crepe place and the BBQ park are always open throughout the day and into the night! Watch out for that Jerk Pizza, those Scotch Bonnet peppers don't play, so spicy it had us crying and laughing!

I was also really happy to see that we were able to shop in the little beach area just beyond the beach cabanas. My daughter bought some carvings that she loves and it gave us a little taste of the local shopping we usually love to do.

We also have to give a special shout out to Hanief who was awesome and to Raheem MC who was the Best and really went out of his way to make sure our family was happy and taken care of. I think the biggest smile my husband has in our vacation pics is in his picture with Raheem MC, lol

Overall this place is awesome and I recommend it highly for a family vacation

Reviewed 25 May 2021

The resort staff was unprepared and unfriendly for the most part. We had dietary restrictions listed on our reservation which was made 2 years prior and accommodations were not made until late in the trip. Our air conditioner was leaking water the entire week despite 4 plus attempts to fix it. There were a few staff members that were friendly and accommodating but unfortunately they were not supported by their managers and coworkers. The constant forced hand sanitizing with harsh sanitizer was both intrusive and unhealthy. Thankfully the weather was beautiful and our two young children enjoyed the amenities and had a blast, blissfully unaware of the issues. The entertainment staff did a great job and the performances were fabulous.

Date of stay: April 2021
Management response:Responded 2 June 2021

Hi Jenna,

Thank you for your Beaches Ocho Rios review. While we are glad to note that you enjoyed most of your trip, we are saddened to learn that you feel that certain aspects could have been improved on. It was indeed surprising to note your comments about service as the hospitable and friendly nature of our staff has been noted as a highlight in many TripAdvisor reviews, so we are sorry to hear that you felt your experience was not similar. We are always willing to work with our guests and do all that can reasonably be done to make sure you walk away feeling like your stay was indeed first-class, thus we are never pleased to know that even one guest returned home with a sense of dissatisfaction. Please permit us to clarify that our rooms do undergo regular maintenance, and in the event that there is a breakdown without our awareness, then our team normally reacts quickly to resolve the same.

At this time, I am glad to see that you have remained in contact with resort management and you can rest assured that any lingering concerns you may have can also be addressed. We only hope that you would not allow this experience to affect your impression of our resort family. We do remain respectful of the opinions you have expressed and should you have a change of heart in the future, we would be truly grateful to have you as a guest again for a stay that we trust will be more in line with your expectations.