“Best Family Vacation Ever!!!!!!”

Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Boscobel
Reviewed 16 August 2017

I really wanted to have a relaxing vacation on the beach while being catered to. This resort cost more than my typical family vacation, but Beaches resort exceeded all expectations and was worth every penny. For all the amenities we received it truly was a value. From the moment we arrived my family and I felt the fun and excitement of Jamaica. The beach and view were better than the pictures can convey. The room was comfortable and roomy. The staff was super friendly and helpful. There were plenty of activities for the whole family, including my two daughters age 20 and 22. The food and drinks were excellent and plentiful. My only regret is that we didn't stay longer. I look forward to booking a future vacation with Beaches Resorts!

Room Tip: Concierge Greek Village Room- had a great ocean view!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank NikoSt25
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club

Reviewed 15 August 2017

We went down to Beaches Ocho Rios with our 7 year old and we had a wonderful time. Specifically our son LOVED the kids club and wanted to go every single day! He had a great time and the team team of Vaneci, Naharrie, Lavene, Johnathan, Jardine and Yasheka were great with the kids. Thank you for an enjoyable week for all of us.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Brian G
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I honeymooned in Montego Bay. 15 years later, we were excited to show our two daughters, 9 and 6, Jamaica. After a lot of research, we decided to stay at Beaches Ocho Rios. Both of our daughters have gluten sensitivities. The online reviews, as well as our travel agent and contacts at Beaches, suggested that Beaches OR would be accommodating to our children's dietary needs.....WRONG. What a disaster! Upon arrival, and meeting with our concierge and chef, we were told that GF kid-friendly items would be available at every restaurant. I was told, after I asked SEVERAL times, that we did NOT need to pre-order food. We were reassured that GF crepe mix, GF kid food, would always be available, etc. well....GF crepe mix was usually not available, we are still waiting for our GF bread which was promised as an appetizer, and there were no kid-friendly GF desserts available. Plus, the GF pizza wasn't edible. We had to go off diet on several occasions--because our kids were starving. Luckily, Chef Steve was able to help us on several occasions. He was our lifesaver. To that end, if you have gluten-sensitive or celiac kids, this is NOT the place for you. We are now home and dealing with the aftermath of going off diet. Beaches OR--you need to have a better system for food sensitivity. Perhaps, a GF cookie for kids!

5  Thank brookfieldmom
Jasmine J, Online Review Coordinator at Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your review of Beaches Ocho Rios. I apologize if our service did not meet your expectations, and appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns. We take very seriously the health and dietary needs of our clients and we make a conscience effort when preparing meals that adhere to food safety guidelines. It is very surprising if we fell short of your expectations in this instance and we are terribly sorry. Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. Your concerns have encouraged us to add more training with our employees. All employees will be reminded of the appropriate procedure in every scenario possible. Your willingness to share your experience is genuinely appreciated. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve your future lodging needs, as we would like the opportunity to provide you the level of service you expect from us.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

This was the most relaxing, worry free family vacation. The staff always had a smile and was great full for you to be there. We took a 4 year old and a 13 year old and they always hD something to do. The resort offers lots of entertainment for everyone. They keep it clean and fun for the kids. Alex, Jessica, Ashley, Rushan and were amazing. Jessica and Ashley made sure to include my kids when dancing.
Pool activities were a blast. The water slide park is such fun for everyone.
I must say I got lucky and got the best scuba instructor---MERVILLE!!! loved this guy. He knew I was going to be a handful as we told him scuba diving was a fear of mine but wanted to conquer it! He helped push me through each section and always had a smile at the end. We already miss our daily chats with him.
Water Sports Manager, Wade made sure that the beach was clean and that his team
Was in check at all times.
One of our favorite hangouts while at Beaches was at Josephine's. Christina who is one of the bakers made my kids the best treats throughout the day. Her smile is contagious and has the best customer service. She knew us when we walked by and greeted each of us and would always say - see you soon my friend. I looked forward to my trips for the best apple crape's and that scoop of ice cream.

Beaches made our 7 days so relaxing and pleasant with such happy staff.

The food was great and always had something for the kids.

The beach was much smaller than we expected.

We had an ocean front room and was always kept clean.

The only part we didn't enjoy was climbing all of the stairs

Beaches is a little out dated but they work hard to maintain it. It just needs freshened up some.

Overall we would go back anytime.

1  Thank JDHahn76
Reviewed 10 August 2017

Just got back from a family holiday, our daughters are 10 and 7 years old and had the best holiday with so much to keep them occupied. Particular mention to Richardo in Conceirge and Shana in housekeeping

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank alistairrobinson1974
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boscobel
88.6 km away
91.0 km away
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
#3 of 6 in Rose Hall

Been to Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK