“Incredible”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Boscobel
Ontario
“Incredible”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

My family and I went to Beaches Boscobel from March 17th until the 24th and I can not find a more fitting word but incredible to describe my experience. I am 16 years old with a 14 year old sister and 10 year old brother. The weather was beautiful as were the attractions such as Dolphin Cove and Dunn's River Falls which we had the privilege of visiting due to the resort's close proximity. The food was also impeccable as was the spacious room my family and I stayed in. The shows at night were great because they appealed to all ages and involved guest participation. The beach was small but nice because you always had an eye on where your family and friends were. This came in handy when we participated in water sports such as banana boating because it gave my parents the opportunity to capture the moment on film. The pools and water slides were exhilarating and extremely fun... beware of the green slide it is wicked. Although I have to say that the best part of the vacation was the staff, They were honestly amazing, by the end of the vacation they were your best friend and never failed to make you laugh and keep that smile on your face throughout the day. It is true that the ride from the airport to the resort is long but it is well worth it.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (959)
Hopedale
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My desire to rent a private villa was outweighed by the wife and her desire for an all-inclusive, and I must say that I'm glad it was. The resort was nice and the staff all very friendly. For a family with kids, it was ideal. Lots of activities for the teens to stay away from the parents, yet safe enough for the mom & dad to relax knowing they couldn't get in too much trouble.
Only blemish on the trip was a lost/stolen cell phone from the room. Be smart and lock valuables in the room safe.

2 Thank M S
Needham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We spent the week of April 11 - April 18 2012 at Beaches Boscobel in Jamaica. The ride to the resort from the airport is a little under 2 hours but the return can take less time depending on traffic conditions. So getting to and from this resort time consuming. That having been said, I would return. As has been mentioned in other reviews, the professionalism and courteousness and overall friendliness of the employees at Beaches Boscobel cannot be overstated. From 6 am at the main bar, which serves a fine cappucino at that hour for the early risers to 12 am for room service when we needed new sheets due to a spill in a bed, the staff was there and pleasant. For that matter, the other guests were sociable and just like us for the most part: Families with young children looking for fun in the sun. Our room was in the main building on the same side of the stage on the third floor, literally a stones throw from the pool area and the main restaurant, Bayside. My daughters are 8 and when they wanted to go down to the Bayside by themselves, I liked the fact that I could wave to them from the balcony as they made their way to breakfast. Want something a little more sublime and probably quiet, try for a concierge room facing the ocean. With large decks overlooking the beach, it seemed like another resort down there. We learned however, that concierge rooms only accomodate four and so that was not an option for our party of five. I've read the criticisms and sure this is not the Ritz. You want the softest towels and the best variety of the best food, you can pay more somewhere else. If you want the convenience of one stop shopping for a weeks worth of fun, food, and entertainment for your family, you will not be disappointed. For those who like to stay connected the wifi was more than adequate at $42.99 for the week. Bring plenty of sunscreen and toiletries; those items were overpriced at the hotel gift shop. One last item: We decided to splurge on the Club Mobay, which is an airport lounge that you can purchase tickets for at the resort. Depending on your tolerance for waiting in lines and/or desire to shop at the duty free stores while at the airport this can be a nice luxury or just overkill. Club Mobay offers expedited customs check in, but as I found out when we went to the airport, you can look right in to the customs area and see if there is a big line or not. There might be some discount for purchasing Mobay admission at the resort as opposed to right there at the airport, but if your goal is just to skip a line, it might be worth waiting to see if there is actually a line to be skipped. I don't shop and although my wife spent 30 minutes getting souvenirs at the duty free shops at the airport, I spent the time with my youngest eating breakfast, catching up on email (with the wifi that's included with the admission price) and even getting a shot of rum for the road. So depending on what you want or need, Club Mobay can be a nice touch as you leave Jamaica.

Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 April 2012

After arriving at Beaches Boscobel with my daughter and grandchildren I question myself if this was the right place for our Easter vacation. It did't take long to pat myself on the back for making a great choice. The sunshine on the beach was great and with lots of shade trees, I could take a nap. The laughter of children (and yes some crying) gave me a great joy. The water sports; sailing, the paddle board, the banana boat, the glass bottom boat, snorkeling, (WOW), we had it all. The swim up bar at the pool, the water slides for the kids, ice cream, soft drinks and the great food. What make this a really great place was all the friendly employees, especially the water sports employees. I will return next year.

Newark, DE
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Visited this property from April 6-10 with my husband and 9-year-old son and 2 other families with children. After reading the varied reviews, I was a little nervous about how this trip would go. However, from the moment we arrived in Jamaica, everything was fantastic. Beaches has their own reception lounge at the airport which is very nice, and the shuttle ride to the resort, though a bit long (close to 2 hours) was pleasant and we got to see some of the island. When you arrive at the resort, they do a "seated" check in, bringing you drinks and cold towels, before escorting you to your room. What a nice touch. We arrived about 2:30 and 2 out of the 3 rooms we had reserved were ready, with the third being ready shortly thereafter. The pros for this resort were many: stellar customer service, good food and plentiful drinks available all day long, a nice and decent-sized room, shows every night, fun water park and good beach activities. Yes, the beach is small, but pretty and clean. There are vendors in the water but they were never pushy or obnoxious and were quite friendly whether you bought something or not. The water park is not as big as I expected, but the kids enjoyed it nonetheless. I found the resort and the rooms to be clean and in decent shape. The cons we found were minor: water pressure, especially in the late afternoon, was very low; housekeeping did not come to clean our rooms till 5:00 each day, just about when we were returning to room for showers and getting ready for dinner; and every morning about 6:00, they were moving equipment or housekeeping carts down the hall outside the room and it was loud. We had a first floor room near Liquid nightclub, which wasn't as bad as I thought it would be as far as noise, etc.

In conclusion, I would recommend this resort, especially for families. The pros FAR outweighed the minor cons and the people who worked there were among the friendliest I have ever met on any vacation - NOTHING was ever too much trouble for them and all was done with a smile. We would definitely go back. Is it expensive? Yes, but I feel it was worth what we paid for the all-inclusive aspect. The kids had a blast and the parents were able to relax. Definitely met the definition of an enjoyable vacation.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boscobel
88.6 km away
92.9 km away
Half Moon
Half Moon
#3 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK