Would I recommend this hotel?
If you can get this at a fair price and keep your expectations low you will enjoy yourself.
When considering booking this hotel you first must consider two things:
- How much are you planning on spending on this vacation?
- What are your expectations?
* Ocho Rios is very lush jungle and not known for having good breaches. Easy access to Zipline, Golf and the (not recommend) Dunn Rivers Falls.
* Not for anyone requiring wheelchair access or those who have trouble with stairs.
* If you do want a nice beach then you'd have to go up to Beaches Negril - be sure to book a higher category that has been renovated. Feedback remains the same on entry level (cheapest) room types, "we have stayed in Holiday Inns that are so much nicer" and similar.
* The rooms here are a lot nicer than those that their more expensive Beaches Negril hotel. So as long as you are OK with sacrificing the beach it pays to save by passing on Negril and choosing this Beaches Boscobel hotel.
* Eleanor's Caribbean Restaurant is great as is the Jerk Chicken.
* Breakfast only served buffet style - awful.
* Lunch only buffet or else we'd have to have the Jerk Chicken from the Grill - which was delicious but we need more options.
* Dusty fake flowers in the restaurants.
* Not as many restaurants as advertised because each one has two names and is open half the time.
STAFF & SERVICE:
* With their Disney-esque service this is not an authentic Jamaican experience. Very "plasticy". That being said, in general the people who are choosing a Beaches or Sandals experience do not want an authentic experience anyway.
*Activities - some were included and some came with additional fees. We did not participate in any of those. Snorkelling was just OK. The waters of Ocho Rio / Bosobel are mirky.
Very loud activities squad - harassing you to participate. Into the night the shows were very very loud. We wondered constantly - how are the children suppose to nap during the afternoon or sleep at night?
* The are several men offshore on rafts or in canoes. They sell souvenirs to guests of this hotel and that is their livelihood. They are desperate. If you do not support them they do not get a single sale all day. How would you feel about this? Curious? Awkward? Intimidated? Guilty? Most ways would be negative. What is the best case scenario here? They can not be avoided as the beach is so teeny tiny. "Private Cove," as per the brochure.
OVERALL IMPRESSION OF HOTEL:
* When you check out they offer you an incentive, "send us the link to your trip advisor review and we will enter to have you win a discount off your next stay". This will not yield any real reviews! NO wonder this hotel rates so higher here on this very website. People dare not submit a negative review in fear that they would not be entered into the draw. Dishonest tactic in my opinion.
* November was a great value time of year to go because the price is a low as hurricane season but features weather as nice as peak Christmas time season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Minutes away from the newly renovated Ian Fleming International Airport•Kids Camp with certified nannies to pamper the kids •Supervised Xbox® Play Lounge with flat screen plasma TV’s•Kids can enjoy fun and games with Elmo & friends in our Sesame Street Caribbean Adventure•Adults-only El Dorado bar located on a terrace overlooking the Caribbean Sea •A state of the art “Liquid by Beaches” Disco •Pirates Island Water Park offering eleven slides for all ages•Voted Beaches Resorts ‘World’s Leading Family All-Inclusive’ 14 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaches Boscobel Resort & Golf Club Hotel Boscobel
- Beaches Boscobel Resort And Golf Club
- Beaches Boscobel Hotel
- Beaches Boscobel Ocho Rios
- Beaches Ocho Rios