Villa Sake(Boscobel)
US$ 25
Moxons Beach Club(Boscobel)(Great Value!)
4,628 results
All reviewsbeaches ocho rioswater parkkids campmy sonthe busfamily vacationbanana boatall agesmain poolkids clubwater sportsswim up barsesame streetpiano barscuba divinggift shopa lot of fun
Reviewed 18 September 2011

A sentimental resort for my husband and I as we got married here 14 years ago and we returned 21/8 to 4/9 with our 11 yr old son. My sister her husband and my 15 yr old niece and our friends with their 13 yrs old daughter also made the return trip with us having also been there for our wedding. The property has been developed somewhat and is now on a much larger scale. The main thing about this resort is that the staff are so friendly and we found there was no one who was not prepared to do enough for you, they work so hard. Our special commendation goes to Lacey-Ann who attends the guests around the main pool area, she was amazing,what a lovely pleasant girl and a credit to the management team, we think she deserves a promotion Mr Spittle!
Anyone who complains about the food here must be extremely fussy, there was always something to choose from and it is available for most of the day and evening at one of the many eating areas. There was an obvious reduction in choices for our second week which is probably the only thing I would comment on negatively having paid the price for two weeks, however, there was still an adequate menu .
The grounds and gardens are extremely well kept and as for a previously read review commenting on junk in the sea, we did not see any of that ????????????
Our 11 year old thought the x box games garage was cool and he was kept fully entertained there when he wanted to dodge the sun or when he did no want to watch the evening entertainment.
Overall this is a fabulous family resort and I would recommend this to others without hesitation.
The Royle smethurst and Morris families

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank Roylebev
Reviewed 15 September 2011

This was our second visit to Boscobel. We came back because our first visit (in 2010) was amazing and we were a bit disappointed this time.

Rooms: we got upgraded to the beach, second level. These rooms were renovated in 2010 and are great. We had the concierge service, but didn't really use it. The bad thing about these rooms is that the doors open from the inside a bit too easily. We went with a 1.5 year old and a 2.5 year old and they could open the door easily (too easily). They just have to pull down on the handle, push and they are out on the communal terrace (a flight of stairs from the beach). As a result we had to barricade the door when we showered or wanted to take a family nap.

The concierge service is nice in that you get a stocked bar and milk in your room. We did not realize until after we selected the items we wanted in our bar that you get full bottles of the hard liquor. We asked for rum and gin only to find we drank exclusively at the bars, so our bottles had to be thrown out at the end of our stay (what a waste). Small, 1oz bottles would be much more economical.

Childcare: it was on the weight of our childcare experience that we came back. We even brought friends this time and had 6 kids between us. None of the kids liked kidscamp this year. Not one. I get the sense that when they closed the resort in 2010 for the renos they laid off the previous childcare staff (who were great!) who quickly got other jobs and were not available to come back. The new women they hired appear to not be happy and this translates into sullen workers who don't smile or engage with the kids when we bring them for childcare. The quality of the care is still great and the kids are well treated and taken care of, they are just miserable (kids and minders).
We did hire night-time private nannies, and these women were great! Happy and engaging, they seem to like their work. I'd just hire a full-time nanny for the week if I went again.

The rest of the resort was great. Good food (remember, this is Jamaica, so don't be too critical), good entertainment, good times.

The wifi (paid) is a nice touch.

I actually made it to the spa this year and had a great massage. We also went diving after first having a refresher course in the dive pool. The lesson was great, the dive was private (by chance) but the reef is battered and not too impressive.

I'll go back when the kids are older

• Stayed: February 2011
2  Thank Hibiscus99
Reviewed 15 September 2011

This resort was so AWESOME, we did it twice!! The boys and I LOVED this resort -- the water slides kept them busy and I had no worries with them running around the grounds. My middle man is always a worry with the sun, but not here -- with self-serve beverages all day long everyone stayed hydrated and irie mon!! The food was excellent with many different dining locations to choose from. My children were treated like royalty and have named Jamaica as their #1 favourite vacation spot. Lots to do here and the staff could not be any better -- Excellent experience all around!! We can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed: January 2011
1  Thank SHodgson55
Reviewed 13 September 2011

We travelled to Beaches Boscobel in February 2011 with our two children aged 5 and 4 months. Like many of the other people here I had read the reviews here prior to travelling and was a little worried when I saw some negative feedback. After having been there I can honestly say that I read them now and laugh. Clearly there are just some people who you just cannot please! The resort is ideal for families as that is clearly what it is geared towards, not that adults can't have lots of fun there (and we did). To say the water park was a hit is an understatement. There are watersides for all ages from toddler slides right up to a slide that drops you several stories straight down! The beach is small, but when you are there with small kids that is actually a good thing, and there was always lots of room available. As at other resorts that I've been to, guests like to leave there towels on chairs to reserve them for later use making finding a couple chairs together to be sometimes difficult, but while we were there management put a policy in place that required a ticket to get a towel (1 at a time) and this helped cut down on the issue.

The food was well beyond my expectations. My husband and I are actually very into dining and we were very impressed.

The room was big and we had a pull out couch for my daughter and a crib for the baby and there was still lots of room. One day the hot water was out for a few hours, but these things happen. We did have some little tiny ants (almost couldn't even see them) one morning after we had left some fruit out in the room. We learned our lesson there and started making sure to put our food dishes outside the door when we were done and that was the end of that.

The day camp was great. We didn't leave the kids there much, but we would often tag along to the activities that they had going on. We did use the babysitting service there several evenings so we could go out to dinner on our own. My daughter was old enough to go with the day camp which didn't close until 9pm, but that option wasn't available for our baby so we just had the nanny take both kids and tag along with the day camp so they got to be involved with activities and they didn't even think about us being gone.

My only compliant about the resort is that there are not nearly enough public bathrooms at the resort and this was a nuisance for sure. You would think that a resort catering to children would have more. Also, the few that they had didn't have change tables so that didn't work out too well either for us.

Bathrooms aside though, we LOVED our vacation at Beaches Boscobel and actually already have our return trip booked and this time we are taking 3 other families with us! We asked our 5 year old if she would rather go back to beaches or back to Disney World and she picked beaches... that speaks volumes I believe.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Laurie7878
Reviewed 13 September 2011

This place is about 2 hours from the airport. When you get there, they hand you a cold towel and then forget about you for a while, so we sat around the lobby feeling like idiots. After a 2 hour drive - at least offer a glass of water. The resort is old and needs a complete rehab. The air condition in our room (2211) sound like a tractor. The seafood buffet was horrible- seems like the grilled frozen lobster and covered it up with some cheese to make it taste good. At lunch at the buffet -the lamb stew barley had specks of lamb. The only decent meal we had was Jerk chicken from the grill at lunch and Elenor's.for dinner. Arizona Restaurant's food was basically dressed-up cafeteria food and bad service. The water slides were very good.The natives that are selling stuff on the beach are always hounding you to get a drink.

Room Tip: Ocean fronts
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family