1,019 results
All reviews club room close to the airport tapas express breakfast the bus business hotel pillow spray city centre nice bar airport hotel takes about minutes business trip excellent hotel rooms are modern free shuttle public transport minutes from the airport
Reviewed 30 June 2015

The hotel is very close to the airport. Less than a ten minute ride in the hotel shuttle. I was greatly in a quite friendly manner upon arrival. The staff was courteous and friendly. My room was on the 2nd floor and faced the interior courtyard. The room was clean and nicely appointed. As with many European hotels, the rooms was fairly small. However, I had plenty space for just me.

We opted to go downtown for dinner that night. It is a quick bus ride down to the center. Easy to navigate.

My room did not include breakfast, but you could opt to purchase it. My advice would be to skip the breakfast. It is fairly small and vastly overprice (> $35 US). Really not worth it.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
MyriamFischer, Responsable relations clients at Crowne Plaza Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2015

Dear catlaw98,

We sincerely thank you for having taken the time to publish this review on the Crowne Plaza Geneva.

We are glad that you liked our location and that you found our staff highly commendable.

An express breakfast at CHF. 12,-- is available every day at the bar.

We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 29 June 2015

I had just missed the hotel shuttle when I arrived at the airport, but the next one came right on time as promised in 20 minutes. It was short 5-min ride to the hotel. I had a great first impression of the hotel - it had been renovated recently and everything looked very nice and modern. I was early for check in but was promptly attended to. I was greeted as an IHG Rewards Club member and given all the privileges that came with it like better internet. Without asking, I was given "a quiet room facing the garden", which I appreciated. Unfortunately it also faced an adjacent office building and apartment, so there were really no great views here. I think I would have preferred a room facing the road, despite the noise, as it would have had better views.

The room itself was fantastic - extremely comfortable beds, spotlessly clean, everything was new and modern, large mirrors, and it had such a relaxing ambience. They even have international power adapters, which was great. And did I mention the amazing bed? Crowne Plaza has a 'Sleep Advantage' programme which meant the pillows and duvet were extra fluffy and comfy and they even provided an aromatherapy kit (pillow spray and sleep balm). I had no trouble sleeping. However, my room had a connecting door to the next room and this wasn't as soundproof as I would have liked - I could hear the neighbours talking. The doors of the rooms slammed quite hard and loudly too, so you can definitely hear the doors slamming from time to time. Also, another downside was that the room was very small with hardly enough space to open up a large suitcase, but to be fair, this is Geneva. TV had plenty of channels, and a few BBC channels in English.

Bathroom was small too, but modern and clean, with enough space to move around for one person at a time. I had asked for one with a bathtub, but I found it a little deep and narrow, which meant that for a short and wide person like me, it was hard to step into and then cramped to lie down comfortably. Other than that, it was a perfect bathroom with large mirrors, hairdryer, good water pressure and temperature, and lovely amenities like organic bath products.

Breakfast was good and sufficient for a hotel of this standard. There was a variety of food to choose from and the restaurant although dated, was well lit with great and attentive service staff who remember your preferred choice of tea/coffee.

Location-wise, this hotel was really near the airport and also a 20-min direct bus ride to the city centre including waiting time. The bus stop was in front of the petrol station to the right of the hotel as you leave. The petrol station also had a minimart which was open until 10pm daily. The hotel is also near the Balexert shopping mall which is only two bus stops away.

I would have given this review a 5/5 if not for a few staff:
1. When checking in, my credit card could not work at first. Her immediate reaction was to tell me, very coldly and without asking if it was okay with me, that she would have to send someone up to my room to remove all the items from the minibar. For someone here on business (company paying the hotel and it is one of our preferred hotels) and also personally an IHG member, the impression I got was that the hotel thinks of me as an untrustworthy guest and a thief. Also, these are times when certain hotels are even offering free flow of minibar items, so to have such policies is really old-fashioned and not keeping up with the times. And we all know how minibar items are the most disputed items on a hotel's final bill anyway.
2. When I went to redeem my welcome drink at the bar, I came in looking for some service and a male bartender simply stared at me blankly from behind the bar. I had to motion to him with my welcome drink card before he approached me, and even then, did not greet me or ask if I needed any assistance. Simply took my card and asked me what I wanted. I later tried to make some small talk, and again he just stared at me blankly with a grim face, no response whatsoever. Very unfriendly and even if he did not understand English, he could have at least smiled.
3. Another staff gave me wrong directions on bus routes. I am not really bothered by this as everyone makes mistakes, but just to note - always get a second opinion!

Having said that, the overall service was fine. When I called to request for an iron + ironing board, it was brought up within minutes. And there are two staff I would like to commend which are Najib Arayer who very courteously attended to my emails prior to my arrival, and the housekeeping staff who made up my room (407) on 21st June - I had left her some tips with a note of thanks, and she responded with a really cute handwritten reply note which totally made my day!

Room Tip: Apparently rooms facing the road are noisy, but then the quiet rooms facing 'inside' the compound have no nice views
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank dunmetiel

Dear dunmetiel,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club member and for your loyalty.

Your evaluation of our various services and facilities is highly appreciated, since it is only through guests, such as yourself, that we can make sure our standards correspond to our guests’ needs. We are delighted to know that you had an overall comfortable stay with us.

Be assured we have noted your comments and they will be reviewed with our team members in order to improve our services.

It will be a pleasure for us to welcome you back during your next stay in Geneva.

Reviewed 26 June 2015 via mobile

My partner and I stayed 1 night here.
The hotel offers a free airport shuttle daily and also gives you a free 24 hour multi use public transport card which are both such a bonus.
Hotel is new and modern, beds are large and comfy, forget sachet coffee, you are spoilt with your very own Nespresso machine and a choice of Nespresso coffees!
We enjoyed our stay!

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gabrielle J

Dear Gabrielle J,

Thank you for rating Crowne Plaza Geneva with the best possible scores !

It is great to hear that you had an excellent time with us and that you loved the Nespresso machine,

The Crowne Plaza Geneva team is already looking forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 25 June 2015 via mobile

I stayed for 10 days at this hotel which is located on a busy street near the Geneva Airport. The large well appointed room and comfortable bed did not make up for the street noise below which kept me up or woke me up most nights. Other than some sleepless nights, the other amenities were fine for the price and convenience of the location which was well-served by the bus and tram connections.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank TwoCityMan

Dear TwoCityMan,

First of all many thanks for your valuable feedback.

We do apologize for the inconvenience that you have encountered during your stay with the noise coming from the street. Do not hesitate to inform us on site when you encountrer any difficulties. It would have been a pleasure to accomodate you in a room facing the park.

However we are pleased to read that you had an overall nice and comfortable stay with us.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon and remain with cordial greetings from Geneva.

Reviewed 23 June 2015

If you ever stayed in Geneva you would realize that once you get closer to the city, hotel rooms get smaller. This is not the case with Crowne Plaza, I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel for two main reasons. Realizing that this is an airport hotel I was expecting the worse; secondly, thought it would be ridiculously pricey since its a chain. None of this was the case.
Walked out of the airport and hopped onto the shuttle, taking us less than 10 minutes to get to the hotel. Check in was smooth, got to my room and was pleasantly surprised! Spacious! clean! and fresh! Loved it.. the bed was comfortable and nice. Access to city centre was good with the tram and bus stops right in front of the hotel. In house restaurants and bar was great, while breakfast was amazing as well. All in all I would go back to Crowne plaza on my next visit to Geneva.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
MyriamFischer, Responsable relations clients at Crowne Plaza Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2015

Dear yegeneley,

Thank you for your very positive review following your recent stay here at the Crowne Plaza Geneva.

We are pleased to read that we were a good surprise and that you enjoyed so much our hotel, services and facilities.

The Crowne Plaza Geneva team is hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.