Review Highlights
Great free attraction

It's a really nice thing these days when you can actually get to view a decent sized waterfall... read more

Reviewed 30 August 2018
Tamlyn A
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
via mobile
Great!

Highest waterfall of Austria, accesible via a klettersteig/via ferrata or ‘just’ a giant staircase... read more

Reviewed 29 August 2018
R F
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
via mobile

All reviews viewing platform impressive waterfall gasthof hike forest bridge ferrata engineering metal austria
Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

The walk to the top probably takes 50 minutes.
There is a suspended bridge and steps that 'wobbles' over the gorge, not my idea of fun personally, but we completed the walk to the top.
Glad I did, although I was terrified of the bridge.
There is a cafe at the top.
Views are stunning.
Definitely worth doing, wear suitable shoes for hiking up hill though.

Reviewed 29 August 2016

The stuibenfall is a beautiful waterfall with masses of water gushing over the rocks and down a very long fall. But the waterfall is only part of the attraction. At the top, bottom and down the entire length of the fall is a series of viewing platforms and steel staircases that take you from the top to the bottom or vice versa. An amazing feat of engineering! This free attraction is well worth a visit.

Reviewed 14 August 2016

I'm not the fittest of people, and I felt unwell the day I got the bus from Langenfeld (about 10 minutes), so I was taking lots of rests on the way up the winding track (once I'd crossed the fields from Umhausen village). I had taken layers, but was quite warm with all the exertion. Some people were jogging up, so it can't be too bad. The pathway is a bit hairy if you've not got a head for heights, or are unsteady on your feet, but is wide enough for 2 people side by side. I wasn't sure if I'd get to the suspension bridge, but pushed on until I got there. There are a number of viewing points on the way for those that can't make the climb. The bridge itself is quite exciting, as it sways when you walk on it, and is a suspended metal grid (with sides and a handrail). It is also stepped, with about 7 landings. I only ventured half way across to get the view, as I was tired and it had started raining, but I regret not crossing the valley. A lovely day out. Could be done in a couple of hours.

1  Thank Helsibel
Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

Good active hike up the mountain, quite steep for young kids but doable. It will take you approximately 30 minutes to go to the top. Reward is amazing view on top of the waterfall.
Have lunch in the restaurant at the start when you get back from the trail and order a local meat and cheese platter. Delicious.

Reviewed 2 August 2016

We all liked the natural waterfalls we saw on our various walks in ötztal better than this one. People have done a lot of efforts to make the waterfall accessable for tourist which takes away the splendour of it.