Hotel Major Davel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Cully
See available hotels
  • Restaurant
  • Beachfront
Hotel Prealpina(Chexbres)
  • Pool
Hotel De L'ours(Lausanne)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 August 2016

We found this hotel by chance, without a prior booking. It is right on the lakeside, with a little park just in front of the hotel where we and the locals were able to enjoy a drink outside on a sunny evening. There is also a landing stage for the lake boats. The owner/receptionist was very welcoming, and offered us 'the last room we have left'. Unfortunately it was up three flights of stairs, with no view of the lake, and badly in need of renovation. At 126 Swiss francs it was rather expensive. However, overall it was a reasonably comfortable one-night stay. The restaurant food was very good.

Room Tip: Try to get a proper lake view.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2016

The appeal of this hotel clearly lies in its location. The rooms are rather basic and a bit antiquated, and the hotel has no elevator. But the location is outstanding! It is nicely situated on the shore of Lake Geneva with only a narrow strip of public park land separating it from the water. The park itself, shaded by a couple grand old trees and replete with benches and a monument to the hotel's namesake, is delightful. So is the lakefront promenade that extends up the lake a ways, making for a pleasant stroll. The town of Cully is charming, and the Lavaux wine country that surrounds the town is very inviting. The vineyards slope steeply down to the town and lake, divided by countless terraces, stone walls and narrow lanes.

The rate seemed reasonable for this area. The free continental breakfast was extremely minimal, but for 6 Swiss francs per person a reasonable breakfast buffet was available. The glass-enclosed breakfast area was bright and pleasant.

In sum, the delightful location more than compensates for this hotel's quirks.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2015

The location of the hotel and the view from our room was absolutely perfect! You're situated right on Lake Geneva and you can swim in the summer, walk along the promenade or walk up into the vineyards above you. It was a very memorable experience and I'd love to return someday. My only complaint would be the breakfast that is included in the price is literally a loaf of bread with the option of jam or nutella to spread on it and a cup of tea or coffee. The option to purchase an additional breakfast for 6chf is very limited as well. Other than that it was one of the most beautiful locations I've ever seen.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 December 2014

Well I have never stayed at the hotel for the simple reason that I live on the same village ,but I use to there only for small breakfast and it is very pleasant,during the winter it is very cozy and warm inside,for the summer the big terrace with view to the lake ,just wonderful

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 June 2014

When my friend and I arrived at this hotel we were blown away by the location right on the shore of the lake! The lady who gave us our keys (she may well have been the owner) was brilliant. She spoke several languages (I was very impressed) and was very helpful. I was lucky enough to get a room with views over the lake. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The breakfast (I didn't have an evening meal) was a little limited in its choice but was more than adequate. My overall experience of this hotel is that the service is good, the price is good but I would have paid more to stay in the hotel if the owner(s) would splash out some money to update the rooms and en-suites!

Room Tip: Try to get one overlooking the lake!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends