“You eat Raclette when you visit the Valais, what else?”

Restaurant Waldhaus
Ranked #1 of 47 Restaurants in Leukerbad
Cuisines: Swiss, International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 October 2017

This place was our second choice because the other restaurants did not offer Raclettte but on Friday's. It was recommend to us by the concierge. The Raclette came in an all you can eat package. that how you eat it at home. it was well priced and I personally got my money worth out of it. I think I must have had about 10-15 servings. they will refill unless you say stop. we had a very nice white local wine, Fendant or something of that sorts. what's also great is the smoking lounge. Try Raclette during summer time, it's the best.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

We came to the Wald Haus several times. I would not say that good was ever something exceptional. But the last two times our food was very disappointing. My fish dish from the fixed menu was soaked in oil. I asked it to be re cooked. Second time it came with the same problem. And I think it is made from frozen that is why tasteless.
Second time we ordered steak Chateaubriand.
The amount of croquet potatoes they served with it was too much and reminded me a cheap canteen. Cheese plate (variation of only one cheese was also very poor )
I think they have large portions of low quality food. I would call it caffe but not restaurant in food.
Has very nice wines and interiors. But quality is lacking.

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

A wonderful dining experience. Very friendly and professional staff. Started with an excellent glass of wine and a sumptuous bowl of wild mushroom soup. Also enjoyed listening to the piano player. Great time!

Reviewed 8 September 2017

Breakfast buffet is delicious with lots of choices. Dinner is a 7 course meal beginning with a fantastic salad bar, by the time the main course arrived we were stuffed. ;}

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

A good restaurant to try, may be you need reservations if you do not want to be on balcony. Inside is like a packed room so if someone eats fondue, everyone closely may get the smell of cheese in his\her clothes.

You eat well, you enjoy your time there .. no regret to dine there . Prices are reasonable.. attention the pizza is so big and for some sizzling food they offer you an apron so you save your clothes