My family of four (two adults, two teenagers) stayed one night while transiting Switzerland north-south on the E35/A2. We got a rate on expedia.com for US$135 per night, which is the basis for which I rate this hotel as a value, taking into account the high prices for just about everything else in Switzerland. The room consisted of a very nice queen-sized bed and queen-sized hideaway bed, which the hotel staff had already set up for us, knowing that we would have four in the room. This was by far the most comfortable hideaway bed I've ever slept on, far exceeding my expectations.
We had free wi-fi Internet access in the room. The bathroom was ample sized. The hotel is located at the Lucerne-Neuenkirch rest stop on the E35/A2, located about 10km north of Lucerne. It is co-located at the rest stop with a gas station, a Marché restaurant, and a small store. The hotel is more removed from the expressway than the gas station and restaurant/shop, which helps with highway noise abatement. Nothing else is immediately nearby. There is free parking immediately in front of the hotel; we stayed during a period of low occupancy; I'm not sure where all the cars would be parked if the hotel were sold out. The breakfast buffet (starts at 6:30) consisted of pastries and cereals and breads and cold cuts and some canned sliced fruits and juices. Overall, we found this hotel to be excellent for our needs - which was to have a place to overnight on a long drive from northern to southern Europe. While we did not use this hotel as a base for seeing Lucerne, my impression is that it is too far away from the city unless you're willing to make the roughly 10+km commute.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Express by Holiday Inn Luzern is your hotel ideally located on the rest area Luzern-Neuenkirch on the Highway A2/E35 (Germany-Switzerland-Italy) between the exits Sempach and Emmen-Nord, only 12 km north of the world famous city of Lucerne. ATTENTION: There is no public transport to the hotel from the city. You can reach us by taxi or rented car. The hotel can be reached from either direction via the overhead bridge. Free parking spaces are available in front of the hotel. Zug is a 30 minutes drive away; ZÃ¼rich and Basel an hour. You can reach Lugano in 2.5 hours. The Express by Holiday Inn Luzern is the ideal starting point for various day trips in Switzerland - visit Lucerne with the Chapel bridge, the old town and other sights - or take a boat trip on Lake Lucerne and enjoy the breathtaking scenery of this fascinating region - or spend a day in the alps - Pilatus, Rigi, Jungfraujoch, Titlis to name a few peaks. All the 60 modern rooms are equipped with Wireless LAN (WiFi), Pay TV and a Coffeemaker. The hotel also offers family rooms with one queensize bed and one queen size Sofa bed, meeting rooms and a bar. Children under 18 years sleep free of charge on the sofa bed in the parent's room. Complimentary breakfast is served every morning in the Great Room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Booking.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Luzern reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Luzern Hotel Rothenburg
- Holiday Inn Express Rothenburg
- Holiday Inn Rothenburg
- Rothenburg Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Luzern Canton Of Lucerne, Switzerland