Holiday Inn Express Luzern
  • Bar/Lounge
Zum Roten Lowen(Hildisrieden)
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
All reviewsnext doorhotel is locatedrest areano air conditioningrooms are cleanbreadthe sofa bedstayed one nightthe hotel staffbreakfast was includedstaff were very friendlyplenty of choicecroissantsoff the highwayfamily roomco opfresh fruit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 January 2012

I Stayed in this hotel since 1996, 3 to 10 times a year, found the hotel very clean, allways a warm welcoming, the hotel manager (Mr A. De Sauza) is doing his best to improve anything. I allways noticed somthing new.
Breakfast is improved, I could find cherry tomatos, as well as the normal reach breakfast.
I was very pleased to see that there are no Smoking rooms,
The operating stuff did not change for those years !!! it's so good to have a warm and friendly welcoming, like a family. I'm sure thats the manager's spirit.
I highly reccomend this hotel, it is very close to the city of Luzern and also to the E-35 highway, it took me 40 min's to get from and to the Zurich airport.

Room Tip: Rooms at the easten side are quieter
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Avner M
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Went to Luzern to visit a colleague for a day. Hotels in Luzern are stupidly expensive, so while this is a pretty standard HI Express, the price was easily triple the usual price in the USA or other areas of Europe.

Rooms were clean and quiet. While the hotel hosts bus tours (including a large group of Indians), they are accommodated on their own floor for their convenience and that of the other full-fare customers.

Typical HI Express Europe "free breakfast", which means don't expect any eggs, sausage, or anything hot besides the coffee. Pretty standard.

The free internet service was worth every pfennig that I paid for it. Manager explained that this area, essentially a rest stop on the highway, was very far from the phone office and as a result the internet speeds were abysmally slow. I've learned Intercontinental is pretty awful in Europe with their internet access, so no surprise there.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank JimmyMc
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Very convenient hotel and obviously popular as they were fully booked. Had a slight problem as they had not provided a room with a bed for my son but luckily they had a cancellation and provided us with the room we booked. Clean and efficient room if a trifle hot.
Key problem is the lack of a restaurant for evening...we went to the motorway service area around the corner which had an expensive self service restaurant and shop but NO ALCOHOL. Believe me after driving all day with two small children, i desperately needed a drink but it was completely dry. Should be a fine stopover if you bring your own wine!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2011

The new Holiday Express Inn is convenient for a night, but its location at the motorway is not the best choice for vacation. The staff and Manager are very helpful, free wifi, although a bit complex to get. Has a good breakfast included, free parking (outside). You need a car obviously to move around. Luzern, Zürich and Bern are close to the place. Price something too high, but this is Switzerland...

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Simple Holiday Inn Express and one of my more memorable one. A nice restaurant outside of the hotel greeted us the morning we arrived by car. The reception was simple but efficient; rooms were HI Express standards and nothing to shout about, in fact we found it amusing that there was no AC in the room! But never a problem thanks to the excellent weather all year round in Lucern!

What we really liked about this property;s location is how it is situated behind a leisure stretch of barns and strawberry farms. The moment we opened the windows, we were in full view of a ranch and all the fresh air that greets us. I took a stroll one morning for about 3 miles behind the hotel and took some awesome pictures of what nature has to offer!

I would love to come back for just a night's stay for the whole country experience.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple