Went to Luzern to visit a colleague for a day. Hotels in Luzern are stupidly expensive, so while this is a pretty standard HI Express, the price was easily triple the usual price in the USA or other areas of Europe.
Rooms were clean and quiet. While the hotel hosts bus tours (including a large group of Indians), they are accommodated on their own floor for their convenience and that of the other full-fare customers.
Typical HI Express Europe "free breakfast", which means don't expect any eggs, sausage, or anything hot besides the coffee. Pretty standard.
The free internet service was worth every pfennig that I paid for it. Manager explained that this area, essentially a rest stop on the highway, was very far from the phone office and as a result the internet speeds were abysmally slow. I've learned Intercontinental is pretty awful in Europe with their internet access, so no surprise there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Express by Holiday Inn Luzern is your hotel ideally located on the rest area Luzern-Neuenkirch on the Highway A2/E35 (Germany-Switzerland-Italy) between the exits Sempach and Emmen-Nord, only 12 km north of the world famous city of Lucerne. ATTENTION: There is no public transport to the hotel from the city. You can reach us by taxi or rented car. The hotel can be reached from either direction via the overhead bridge. Free parking spaces are available in front of the hotel. Zug is a 30 minutes drive away; ZÃ¼rich and Basel an hour. You can reach Lugano in 2.5 hours. The Express by Holiday Inn Luzern is the ideal starting point for various day trips in Switzerland - visit Lucerne with the Chapel bridge, the old town and other sights - or take a boat trip on Lake Lucerne and enjoy the breathtaking scenery of this fascinating region - or spend a day in the alps - Pilatus, Rigi, Jungfraujoch, Titlis to name a few peaks. All the 60 modern rooms are equipped with Wireless LAN (WiFi), Pay TV and a Coffeemaker. The hotel also offers family rooms with one queensize bed and one queen size Sofa bed, meeting rooms and a bar. Children under 18 years sleep free of charge on the sofa bed in the parent's room. Complimentary breakfast is served every morning in the Great Room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Booking.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Luzern reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Luzern Hotel Rothenburg
- Holiday Inn Express Rothenburg
- Holiday Inn Rothenburg
- Rothenburg Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Luzern Canton Of Lucerne, Switzerland