“Outstanding! ”

Kochendorfer
Ranked #2 of 37 Restaurants in Pontresina
Cuisines: Swiss
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Kochendörfer's has been awarded the "Golden Fish" and offers something for everyone. In the afternoon, we serve coffee and cake, while in the evening and at lunchtime you can enjoy delicious, market-fresh dishes from our kitchen.
Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed in Hotel Albris for 3 nights, and ate in their excellent restaurant 2 of those nights. Had the outstanding "fish menu" one night - note that we could order 2 different fish and each be served a half portion of each - delicious! Photo is the opener for the fish menu. Ordered 2 different veal dinners off the menu the 2nd night - also wonderful. Staff is very professional, very good at their job, but also delightful and very personable. We were asked how we would like our meal paced, and they followed through beautifully. Restaurant is lovely with white linens and fresh flowers. We recommend highly.

Reviewed 3 March 2017

WE ate at the restaurant and experienced wonderful fish cuisine and wonderful service. The owners were present on both occasions that we ate there and their attention to hospitality was excellent.

Reviewed 27 January 2017 via mobile

We arrived in Switzerland on the Friday and treated ourselves to a meal here on our first night. The staff were very friendly and I was invited to taste which house wine I would like. My husband chose trout with Rösti and was amazed when a second helping of each was offered. I had veal and spinach. The sauce was so smooth and flavourful. I enjoyed the pudding best, creme brûlée and chocolate mousse with mango salad, which we shared. All home cooked and truly brilliant. Would recommend highly.

Reviewed 27 January 2017 via mobile

Had a fantastic dinner at Kochendorfer. I travel extensively and had there one of the best fish in my life there - you could say the team works with fresh products and masters cooking process. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

In Pontresina I have been going to Kochendörfer for the last 30 years and I have never been disappointed. Traditional cuisine with high quality fish and meat, desserts are also a pleasure.