All reviews gourmet restaurant amazing hotel kulm hotel junior suite st moritz early september impeccable service the half board option spa area is great spa kids club small village all sorts general manager breakfast and dinner swiss alps dress code
Reviewed 7 August 2010

Much of this hotel has been intelligently and competently brought into the 21st century. But it still maintains the grandeur and the feeling of a more elegant, less hurried time when one strolled instead of power walking and dined instead of ate.

The new rooms are truly luxurious. As a hotel educator and consultant, I found them nearly perfect in terms of balancing convenience and luxury. This was a very smart renovation. The public spaces are still historic with some (less than successful) attempts to modernize the furniture.

The service in the hotel itself is exceptional. The only downside is the half-board option.....the main dining room would be an exceptional place for a ball or state diner, but it is too large and too busy with waiters moving hither & thither for a truly elegant meal. And, even with all the wait staff & their activity, the service is slow (not peaceful...just slow).

The spa, gym and pool facility are really quite nice. Great views, well thought out and spacious. One of the best hotel spa facilities (versus a spa hotel) in Switzerland. Even with a full house, it was calm and there were plenty of options ranging from saunas to really unique jacuzzis.

Date of stay: August 2010
4  Thank attillathehun
Reviewed 1 August 2010

I was at first a bit reluctant to drive 5.5 hours from Geneva region to Pontresina but I must admit that after the 5 days spent at the Kronenhof hotel this summer, I can only say that it was very much worth it...

1. Welcome
Friendly and competent staff greeted me in a warm and genuine way. Some of them even tried to speak in French (my mother tongue), which was a very nice touch. The couple of directors (who must be in their 30's) were also very much present and attentive to my needs, as well as the other guests, being able to talk to them in many different languages and giving good advice on what to do in the region.

2. Spa facilities
The highlight of the property, in my opinion. Stunning views on the mountains from the swimming pool, treatment rooms with natural light, very friendly pool attendant.

3. Dining
Breakfast was outstanding! Large variety of quality products in an impressive dining room, with waiters that seem to have been there for years and still very much attentive to details and remembering my preferences from one day to the other.

Personally, as I didn't feel like dressing up for dinner (jacket compulsory in the dining room), I enjoyed a great dinner with very good wine by the glass at the Stübli. The service was once again very friendly and competent. The only recommendation I would have would be to review their music selection but the food was amazing...

4. Room
I was staying in the modern part of the hotel. At the beginning, I was surprised that I had to take the elevator down from the reception and was worried that I would not enjoy any view but as soon as I got into my room, I could see the mountain and hear the river... There was even a balcony. The room itself (and the bathroom) was very well appointed.

5. Activities
I decided to take these holidays, alone, to relax and disconnect from my busy life. Trekking in the mountains, mountain-biking, enjoying nature was just what I needed. Having just started playing golf 2 years ago, I was even allowed to go and play on the 9-hole Kulm golf course in St. Moritz without a handicap.

I would definitely recommend this destination and the Kronenhof to anybody who wants to feel pampered by friendly staff, eat well, sleep well and enjoying a break from day-to-day life...

Date of stay: July 2010