“The friendly service and traditional Engadiner dining experience made my trip”
Review of Hotel Post

Hotel Post
Ranked #21 of 21 Hotels in Pontresina
Reviewed 17 October 2017

We had the most wonderfully simple and friendly dining experience here this evening after having had the most horrible experience at another hotel we were staying at in Pontresina, that up until this point had ruined my trip.

The food here is simple, traditional and the flavours are just outstanding, try the Rösti topped with egg and bacon. The traditional Engadiner foods are the best when dining in the region in my opinion! The service is impeccable, you will feel like family. I wish I was able to provide the names of the staff who served us, however, the lady who greeted us when we arrived was so friendly and efficient and found us a table in the lovely traditional dining room with no delay despite the busyness of the restaurant and the gentleman who served us made us feel so at ease after a horrible day and was efficient, friendly and a pleasure to chat with. All in all, it was a wonderful dining experience and turned my trip to Pontresina from being a nightmare to a delight thanks to two lovely people and a beautiful dining experience. I can't thank you enough!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

The czech team was accomodated here during the world champs in st moritz 2017 the hotel is very nice and people very friendly they have also good coffe and perfect atmosphere in the lobby bar or restaurant on the first floor

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 December 2016

It will certainly become my habitual lodging when visiting Pontresina whether alone or with my partner, for it's positive price/quality offer. Attentive service, not noisy (better last floor rooms), south rooms have wonderful light and view, excellent breakfast, spa near by for evening relax (when the hotel sauna is not in service).
Take into account that on a 2 nights stay you 'll get a free bus/train pass which enables you to walk long trails and get back by public transport.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I recommend this hotel for people who enjoy to eat breakfast.
They have the widest variety of bread and cheese in our 7 hotels serving breakfast in our travel in Switzerland. It was very regrettable for me that I couldn't try all bread and cheese in our only one night stay. If you are not a gourmand, you should stay at least three days to try them all. The bread was very good as other bread in Switzerland was.
My best cheese in Swiss was Engadiner's cheese that was served in the breakfast. This cheese, having chestnut-like flavor, was made in the cheese factory in the very front of our table. Yes, over there. So if you were not a traveller from far, you can buy them.
Many kinds of fresh fruits were also provided.

The stuffs were very helpful. When I called from St. Moritz, a woman readily guaranteed to pick us up, even we arrived an hour before the check in time. They drove us to the station after check- out as well. The hotels in Pontresina are on a gentle hill. Not so far from the station, but if it rains, it'll be hard to drag your baggages. Additionally, they could understand my terrible English. The important thing is whether your vehicle is train or bus.
Our room was one floor down from the entrance w/o elevator. But they carried our heavy baggages when check-out as well as check-in.
The bathroom was systematic and worked properly. It has 2 wide basins and a useful shelf.
Hotels rarely have tea set in the room in Switzerland. Tea set with hot water was available when I ordered. Take your own tea bags, you can enjoy it. After using hot water in the pot, I filled it with hot water from the tap.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We stayed in the Hotel Post in July 2013 and enjoyed a compfortable double room with bathroom/shower. The hotel reception is very friendly and the breakfast is about what one would expect. In summer the restaurant on the terrace with grill offers the best value and best views in all of Pontresina.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple