See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 July 2017

Nothing fancy here - rooms are small and breakfast modest. But, great value for money and exceptionally nice and helpful staff. Stayed in a single room w/shared bath. Super clean, great location, adequate breakfast and again, very friendly and helpful staff. If on a budget and you don't mind simple - I'd recommend this hotel!

Date of stay: July 2017
Reviewed 18 November 2016

Close to the city center, train and bus station (5 minute walk). The accomodations are modest but clean. The staff is welcoming and nice. I found the breakfast a bit poor. I found it adequate to spent 1 or 2 nights.

Date of stay: November 2016
Reviewed 26 August 2016

The location of the hotel was perfect. It was in the very center. 10 minutes walk to reach the station, also around 10 minutes walk to reach the lake. The rooms were basic but clean. Room service was excellent and the staff were very friendly.
The restaurant downstairs also serves tasty food. Also, the bakery opposite the hotel has good pastry for breakfast.
Overall a very good place in the center of the town.

Date of stay: September 2015
Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

My wife's family comes from round here and we've eaten here very happily. This time for my father in law's 80th birthday 11 of us stayed here for the weekend and had a special celebration dinner.

The staff were extremely helpful and welcoming. The rooms were perfect - especially given the complexities of a group that ranged from a few months old to 80.

The food was great - exactly what we were expecting. A great weekend.

I'm puzzled by the comments of several reviewers here. A simple one about breakfast - plentiful amounts of cereal, croissants, beautiful bread, boiled eggs, fruit, etc. Generous and relaxed!

Also over parking: of course there isn't any! It's a historic building in the medieval centre of the city!

More, I think, is that this is Switzerland - I married into them, so maybe it's a bit more clear to me, but there is an expectation that you will fulfil your part of the bargain - eg not assume that everyone should speak English; and that you will cultivate a respectful relationship with the staff.

We have had a lovely weekend catching up with family in a lovely location. Thank you.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 January 2016 via mobile

This hotel is centrally located and within easy walking distance of the station. The rooms whilst being somewhat basic are clean and comfortable with a modern TV. The restaurant serves good home cooked food in large portions. Breakfast is the usual meagre continental fare. The staff are very friendly and obliging. I'd happily stay again.

Date of stay: January 2016