All reviews lake geneva la veranda relais chateaux outdoor pool lake view wonderful hotel flower arrangements veranda restaurant beautiful decor top quality deluxe room wine list french alps small balcony michelin star short stay swiss riviera
Reviewed 15 June 2018

We went for lunch on Saturday 9th of June . Normally we booked for 1 pm unfortunatelly because of road works we arrived at 2.10 pm. I called previously the restaurant to tell that unfortunatelly we will be late. When we arrived , the welcome was hopeless ( 3 staff free and only 2 tables occupated so not busy at all)...
First thing, they told us is that the kitchen is already closed... no proposal to have a seat or drink , we were just waiting and standing on the terace... Finally I asked if it is possible to have a glass of wine and if they have a " small menu". Fortunatelly it was
possible ...After some time the food was served.Fortunatelly around 3 p m the service changed and very professional person from the staff Mr. Hugo took care of our service . His attitude was very customer oriented .
I would like to tell that I am frequest quest at the 5 stars hotels and it is very rare to face the service and staff so unfriendly.... Also the person responsable we met at our arrival (maître d'hotel? ) didn't show any interest for us.
In addition, I want to mention that for us it was important meeting as we received the vautcher from one of excellent customer of this hotel... we were comming from Neuchetel and we were looking very forward to diccovet this lovely place . Unfortunatelley we will not come again and we will transfert our feedback ....
Kitchen closed at 2 pm in the 5 stars hotel .... Place to avoid!
Just in spite of this terrible service , I want to say that the quality and presentation of the food was excellent.!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Grand_Hotel_du_Lac, General Manager at Grand Hotel du Lac, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear Madame,

We would like to sincerely thank you for your message and for your last visit from Saturday, 9th June 2018 at the Grand Hotel du Lac. Your comments have retained our full attention.

Above all, we would like to extend our sincerest apologies for your disappointing experience.

Our Brasserie Chic “La Véranda” has fixed opening hours from 12:00 to 14:00. In the afternoon we offer a smaller version of the menu, which is still pleasant. I suppose that this is the case in many places around us.

However, we deeply regret that the welcome you received on that day was unsatisfying for you and this is unacceptable. I would very much welcome the opportunity to discuss this incident personally with you and it would be great to have the opportunity to present you our personal excuses over the phone and maybe one day you will give us another chance.

Looking forward t hearing from you soon, we remain

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel is wonderful. It is remarkably peaceful and well appointed. The location is great and our room was spacious and comfortable. I loved being able to sit outside and enjoy the lake while having breakfast. My only issue was that the place seemed understaffed at the restaurant. Other than that, I can’t recommend this hotel enough. I won’t forget it!! Thanks

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Grand_Hotel_du_Lac, General Manager at Grand Hotel du Lac, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Dear guest,

We are absolutely delighted to hear that you liked your stay with us and that you recommend it !! thank you very much.
We apologize that the service at the restaurant was not up to your expectations on that day.

Reviewed 9 June 2018

Room was beautiful and comfortable. Staff was cordial and very helpful. Restaurant was great and bar menu interesting. Only the quai lies between the hotel and the lake, so you have good views of Lac Leman from the hotel and terraces. I really enjoyed the atmosphere here and found Vevey to be a charming town. I wouldn't stay anywhere else if I ever returned.

Room Tip: You might want a view of the lake!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo

Dear WayneRSam,

We are pleased to know about your satisfaction during your stay at the Grand Hôtel du Lac and we would be delighted to welcome you again very soon !

Thank you very much.

Sincerly yours,

Reviewed 9 June 2018

We visited Geneva for my 50th birthday and I took my wife on a day trip to Vevey, a place I worked during my career as a Management Consultant. I used to stay at the Hotel when working in Vevey and promised my wife that we would come back sometime in the future, this was fulfilled for my wife’s 60th.

We stayed for a week and enjoyed the fabulous hotel, the weather was good and we took advantage of the pool and lounge area to boost our suntan. The only negative comment is the pool service is hit and miss and if the staff were more observant of guests around the pool that would be an improvement.

We booked a junior suite with a view of the lack whcih was magnificent. The room was well fitted and comfortable and the ensuite facilities were very good. Breakfast was very good with friendly and efficient service and very large choice on the buffet. The Brasserie restaurant was also good and the food of amhigh standard. The wine list was to kill for! We stuck with the Swiss wine and we not disappointed, not surprising that the Swiss keep,it to themselves.

The bar is small and service can be slow as staff service the restaurants as well as the bar. At predinner times the hotel would be better dedicating a member of staff to the bar for pre dinner drinks.

The receptionists were very helpful and if you have any concerns simply inform them and things happen very quickly.

So the promise was fulfilled, the hotel and restaurants lived up to their respective star and Michelin ratings and a middle aged couple went home happy!

Stayed: May 2018
2  Thank yodadst

Dear Yodadst,

It was a great pleasure welcoming you during a whole week at the occasion of your wife’s birthday celebrations. I would like to sincerely thank you for choosing our property and for your general very positive comments on our service standards, quality of restaurants and the Junior Suite that you liked. It comes without saying that we took note of your comments regarding the service to be improved at the pool area and the bar. We opened this new outlet the same week and we aim to progress very quickly in order to be at the excellent service level we dare to offer our valued guests at the Grand Hotel du Lac.

Reviewed 7 June 2018

We stayed at the Grand Hotel du Lac almost by accident. Our tour had us booked at another hotel and then let us know that they switched to Grand Hotel du Lac because of a scheduling snafu at the other hotel. I am so happy they did. This hotel was so quiet and understated and lovely and the people working there were amazing -- friendly, helpful and so kind. We LOVED our stay and hope to come back someday!

Room Tip: If you can, get a room facing the lake. And if you're really lucky you'll get one with a balcony!
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jbtraveler64

Dear Jbtraveler64,

Sometimes there are "happy" accidents in life and I am glad to hear that you appreciated your stay at our property during your trip to Switzerland. Thank you for your great comments !

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.