See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 March 2016 via mobile

We spent two days in Crans and stayed at la Diligence. The service was great, the room clean and the view spectacular. Perfect location if you have a car (2 min drive to the ski lift) and to the centre of Crans.
Breakfast was nice (bread and croissants) with jam.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cpio2013
Reviewed 3 November 2014

This restaurants has a lebanese themed menu (you can also order other types of food however). The atmosphere is very cold, the staff quite stiff bordering on the unfriendly. The selection of lebanese appetizers was just ok, without any character. The lamb skewer I ordered as a main dish was absolutey minuscule,, definetly a rip off for the price. The wine selection was mostly regional but the waiter was unable to suggest anything which we found just about passable in spite for the very steep prices . We left feeling that lebanese food is definetly best eaten outside a swiss mountain resort.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank andy1000Milano
Reviewed 3 July 2014

If you are seeking one of the most beautiful locations in the heart of the Alps, with amazing views and a real Swiss Chalet experience, then Hotel de la Diligence is your best choice.

This lovely chalet is located in the heart of the magnificent Valais region of the Swiss Alps. Complete with its miniature wine vineyard in the backyard, this hotel gives you a perfect base to explore the Rhone Valley, and make day trips to nearby spectacular locations like Vercronin among others. Valais has its own microclimate weather and it is usually sunnier and dryer than the surrounding Alpine regions. So, coming from London, I really needed to find the Sun!

I happened to discover this jewel by pure chance. I was on my way to another town, when I found this lovely chalet on TripAdvisor and promptly headed here to Crans-Montana... which is a "must-visit" resort in the Alps; where you can find most everything nearby, including first-class shopping and mountaineering equipment stores (if you need to complement your mountain gear!)

I was initially attracted here because of the excellent prices, which I am one to love good deals.

When I walked into this charming chalet, Messier Felix immediately engaged me in conversation and made me feel right at home. I then was taken care of and given a room with one of the most spectacular views that you can find in the Alps. The owner family is really special and if you behave properly and understand Swiss principles and values, you will have a joyful stay.

You must try the food, as they have a delicious Lebanese cuisine that is second to none that I have tried before. One of my favourite platters was their chicken "Shish Tawook," but there are many other Lebanese specialties that tasted, looked and smelled amazing!

Overall, I would say that I had never found the perfect combination of: location, perfect cleanliness (the sheets are pristine white) and overall, a really great deal in price. So, if I were someone traveling to the Swiss Alps, I would say to definitely stay at Hotel de la Diligence!

I have stayed over my initial plan, as this chalet has made this holiday, one of the best vacation experiences that I have had. My advise is to be very respectful, observe Swiss culture and then enjoy the best deal that you can find in one of the most chic Alpine towns in Switzerland.

Thank you Hotel de la Diligence, I have had one of my best holiday experiences!

Room Tip: I recommend to get a double with private bathroom. If you are a budget traveler, you can also have a shared bathroom deal, which is perfectly fine as the hotel cannot be any cleaner, looked after with care and provided with the cleanest sheets and towels you can get.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank OrionPrassan
Reviewed 15 March 2014

For Crans-Montana standards this is a reasonably priced hotel. My friend and I stayed for 6 nights and enjoyed every minute of it, including the stunning food in the restaurant.

Tripadvisor: I have no idea where you get your information from? This hotel has 8 rooms (not 25 as you say) and has no star pretention (you say 3*) so please if you are reading this amend your records.

The place is clean, the family that runs it friendly and talkative (if you are) and will bend over backwards if you present a challenge. The food (breakfast and dinner) is home-made and delicious - the choice for breakfast is limited but extra bread/jam/coffee etc. was readily offered.

I can only recommend it highly!

Room Tip: All rooms are clearly photographed and shown on the hotel website - so not unpleasant surprises here. There are 8 rooms (1 through 9, excluding 3)
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank OlandeseBrussels
Reviewed 10 March 2014

A family run, reasonably priced hotel (for Crans-Montana standards). The rooms are simple, clean and cosy (many rooms have two beds pushed together, so insist for a room with a double bed if you want one) There is free wifi everywhere as well as a flat screen TV.
Breakfast is served at the table, with home made jam and freshly squeezed orange juice. The breakfast service is a bit slow as there is only 1 person to serve and service starts at 0800. Not for eager "first on the piste" skiers!
The restaurant serves excellent Lebanese cuisine, and is renowned among the locals. So when you have eaten enough molten cheese meals during your Swiss holiday (fondue, raclette, croûte au fromage and the like), a great Lebanese meal at la Diligence is a welcome change. The mezze starters for two is highly recommended, we really enjoyed it. The wine selection is very good too.
Altogether a good address.

Room Tip: Ask for a south facing room. They have more sunshine and are quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple