“Disappointed and overpriced! ”
Review of La Muna

La Muna
Reserve a table
Ranked #42 of 96 Restaurants in Crans-Montana
Description: Truly immersed in the spectacular Swiss Alps, this exceptional setting offers a breathtaking view over one of the most stunning landscapes in the Valais. Muña is a simple but magical plant, used in Peru to relieve the ills associated with high altitude. It is the ideal ally for living in the mountains and venturing to summits. So no surprise that the Peruvian and Asian-inspired restaurant at the Crans Ambassador – offering a breathtaking view of one of Valais’ most fascinating landscapes – bears its name. La Muña's cuisine is ultra-fresh and particularly tasteful. It combines tender with crunchy, raw with marinated, sweet with sour. All ingredients are carefully selected and sometimes hard to find in Europe. Preparation is “à la minute”, the kitchen team can be watched while they prepare the raw (crudo) specialties for you, amongst other very refined recipes that are best enjoyed when sharing together.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I spent two days in this structure which I found to be expensive and disappointing.
The first night we dined at what the management considers to be their best restaurant, la muñeca: Peruvian and Asian inspired restaurant. Very small portions with quite high prices: 2 langoustine for 30 Chf, 4 mochi for 20 Chf. Summarizing 4 courses without alcohol at a cost of 162 CHF. In addition, at the time of the bill a waiter asked for a tip, even though he was not dedicated to our table.
On the second evening, we dined at Le Bat lounge: a more inviting and better realized menu. Very good burger with raclette and crunchy perfect egg. I do not recommend carrot & cumin veloute / citrus fruits and the desserts. The chocolate cake arrived cold and overcooked, after waiting for 45 min. My request to redo the dish was granted but once again the result, although improved, did not live up to expectations. In summary:
Approved the location, poor service and experience not adequate for a 5 star hotel.

Date of visit: January 2021
2  Thank giorocchi
Katja Marshall, Directeur général at La Muna, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Mrs Rocchi
It was a pleasure welcoming you at the Crans Ambassador, however I am very sorry to read that you did not appreciate your stay with us and that you were disappointed in our restaurant offers and service.
I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you have encountered and can assure you that your experience is not reflecting the high quality of service that we like to offer our guests. We regularly have wonderful feedback regarding the food quality and choices as well as the quality of service provided and I regret that this what not the case for you.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again at the Crans Ambassador in the near future so that we can show you the true quality of our service.

With my very best regards
Katja Marshall

Write a reviewReviews (29)

Reviewed 26 January 2020 via mobile

Service was slow and poor from the beginning, however friendly. The food was ok for most of us (we were 6) but my fish was cold and raw and looked horrible. The desserts were good, except that one came with a black hair. You would expect quite another experience eating at a 5 star hotel, especially when most dishes are around 60 frs and the wine bottles 3 times the price you would pay in the shop. However in the end the waitress kindly offered us one coffee and a bottle of water. Ridiculous! Nice place for a drink but avoid the food!

Date of visit: January 2020
DidierBruGM, Directeur général at La Muna, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2020

Dear MiaGingi,

I've read carefully your entire comment and I sincerely regret that your diner didn't meet your expectations

I also wish to apologize if you found the service to slow, but "poor from the beginning" is certainly exagerate as we're known for the quality of our staff.

I'm happy to know that the food was OK, and concerning the fish I must inform you that we haven't notice any problem regarding the cooking however I can understand that you would have preferred it more cooked. I have also well noted that you found it horrible but we have no idea of the reason for such a hard comment.

Despite nobody from our team (neither in the pastry nore in the restaurant) had long hairs last evening, I agree that a hair was in your plate which is unacceptable and once again I do apologize for that.

Of course both for the fish and the dessert we have offered you to do it again but this was not your wish.

I confirm you that the price of your wine is exactly 2.9 times more than our purchase price, which is a standard in a hotel of our rank.

As you see I always answer our guest comments, good or bad, as this is the best way for us to improve our standards of service.

On the other hand I can't accept your last comments regarding our waitress, as you forget to mention that in addition of the coffee and the water, we also didn't charge anything for your fish and the dessert.

It seems that nothing met your expectations which is very unusual but please be sure that we will see what can be improved.

Reviewed 22 July 2019 via mobile

We love coming to this hotel for lunch & dinner. The quality is excellent. The food is first class and a lot of attention is paid to the presentation. The staff are very friendly and efficient. The views are stunning. Plus a huge TV during any big sporting events inside the lounge/ restaurant.

Date of visit: July 2019
CAH_didierbru, Directeur général at La Muna, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2019

Dear pamrob,

Thank you very much for your nice comment regarding the hotel and the restaurant in particular.

We're very happy to read that you love coming here and we look forward seeing you again

Reviewed 22 February 2019

The view is incredible, everything else is less so. The service is horrible, our meal took 3 hours, despite only ordering one dish each. The food is incredibly overpriced for the quality of the service and food provided. Despite staying in the hotel, this was the only time we ever ate in the restaurant. Would never return and wouldn't suggest anyone else does; unless you have a spare 500 Francs and 4 hours.

Date of visit: February 2019
CAH_didierbru, Directeur général at La Muna, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2019

Dear Mrs Rovner,

I sincerely regret to read about your comment although we were all expecting it

Your unceasing complains all along your stay make me think that nothing has met your expectations which may explain this comment.

However we have shared your feed back with the whole team in order to improve what can be.

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

The food was fantastic, but the service was absolutely atrocious, I got the feeling it was the kitchen rather than the waiters but nevertheless we got there at 8 and got our main course after 10! We were only 4 people so no excuse:
The waiter apologised as we paid but a bit late.
Would give it another chance but if it doesn’t improve then never again

Date of visit: January 2018