Hotel de la Foret(Crans-Montana)
US$ 145
Crans Ambassador(Crans-Montana)
US$ 322
US$ 289
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 378/night.

Chalet des Alpes(Crans-Montana)(Great Value!)
US$ 121
US$ 151
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$ 100
LeCrans Hotel & Spa(Crans-Montana)
US$ 484
Hotel Royal(Crans-Montana)
US$ 472
US$ 459
Orbitz.com
Chetzeron(Crans-Montana)
US$ 402
  • Pool
All reviewsmueslidouble bedstayed herehillsideshowercheesebalconymontanaskiingmountains
Reviewed 10 August 2017

Check-in was a breeze as we had pre-checked in before arrival via email. The staff was really awesome as we had sent a number of email inquiries before arrival and they replied quickly to all our questions.

The place certainly still has the old retirement home feel. There is an elevator, a sundeck off the reception area with lots of antique patio chairs, another deck on the rooftop with mountain and lake views, but with only about six general use loungers, and loungers on the grounds. The majority of rooms have a balcony that faces the lake and mountains except for a few rooms at the northern side that face directly to the hillside. The reception area is nice as it has a couple of rooms that offer a quiet space for reading, relaxing or working on your travel planning. There is wine, beer and a beer tap available at the front desk. Downstairs, there is a kids play room with toys, card games, table fussball, satellite TV lounge room, locker storage room, recycle bins, and a couple of restrooms.

Our room had a double bed, toilet, shower with combo body wash/shampoo liquid, sink, balcony with lounger and a small table, lots of shelf space in the room, several hangers for clothes/jackets, bedding and towels provided. Smoke detectors are located in rooms. Wi-Fi is available throughout the hostel; during our visit, the hostel offered a free gondola day pass transit card. We visited during the Swiss National Holiday weekend and were treated to a nice firework display over the lake and there was a horsing riding championship event in town.

We were not able to sample the dinner, but the breakfast consisted of sliced meats & cheese, yogurt, muesli, cereals, a nice selection of breads, jams, butter, milk (including soy and lactose-free), juices, whole fruit and fruit cocktail and it was a good offer to start the day.

A few areas of note:

-Parking is very limited, so reserve a spot before arrival, which we did and a spot was waiting for us at check-in.

-Check-in begins at 17.00, and we arrived shortly thereafter. We attempted to make dinner reservations during check-in at the Youth Hostel, but reception checked with the kitchen staff and we were told it was too late. To guarantee in-house dinner reservations, reserve ahead; otherwise, if you wait until check-in you may very well be out of luck, but there are many places nearby to eat.

-The balcony on the rooms only has one lounger for two people in a room. I don’t understand this concept. Exterior balcony paint is extremely weathered.

Room Tip: Most rooms face the lake and mountain
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
BL1930, Manager at Crans-Montana Youth Hostel Bella Lui, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2017

Dear Guest

We thank you for your detailled description of your recent stay, I am sure this is very helpful for our future guests. Furthermore we are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in our hostel and in Crans-Montana throughoutly. We noted your feedback regarding the seating on the terrace and balcony and will have a chat with the owners. Hopefully we can welcome you back in winter we would love to have you. Take care and see you soon. Regards, Stefanie

Reviewed 13 September 2016

We went to Crans Montana for a weekend. The hotel has an intimate atmosphere with personal and friendly service. The rooms were small and simple but still nice and clean. The breakfast was okay.

On the minus side was the location of the hotel. It´s a bit far bouth to the center and the slopes. On the other side the hotel offers shuttle service.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

I stayed here during the Omega Masters Golf tournament for one night and after reading the reviews was probably over expecting.
Check in was quick and received a room on 4th floor. The room was fairly small but had everything I needed. It even had a nice balcony looking out to a great mountain view.
The breakfast was good with choices of breads, cheese, ham, cereals, boiled eggs, Cappuccino etc.
All in all was okay stay and the only thing that bothered me was a slight bad smell in the room.
If I had stayed longer I would have asked to change but as it was only a few hours I didn't.
All staff were helpful and professional.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 April 2016

I stayed 2 nights at the Bella Lui on a ski weekend. Check-in was friendly and efficient, the shuttle picked-me up at the funicular and everything was ready when I arrived.

My single room was small, simple, but super clean and comfortable and had a huge private balcony with one of the best views I have ever had; from my bed, I could see the highest peaks on the Alps. The rooms haven't been redone in a while, the wardrobe had seen better days and showers with shower curtains are a bit old fashioned. Internet is free and fast enough, but you keep having to log in. Complimentary bottle of mineral water. My main gripe about the room is that soundproofing isn't very good. Fortunately I'm an early riser and none of my neighbours were party animals, because you hear very well noise from the room above yours.

For skiers, you can get your ski pass at reception (no need to wait at the ticket counter), the shuttle drives you to the lifts and the garage has been converted into a simple ski room. Nothing fancy, but it does the job and it's heated so you can leave your boots there (no heaters though).

The bar is only part-time ended, the rest of the time it's self-service and the hotel relies on guests' honesty: you take what you need and write it up on a slip of paper. How cool is that?! I had dinner at the hotel only once, it was tasty and the 1/2 board price was good value. The selection of wine per glass was however somewhat limited. Breakfast is simple but filling.

Apart from the view, the biggest quality of this hotel is the service: friendly, efficient, service-minded, I only have good things to say about every single member of staff I was in contact with.

I heard rumours that the hotel might close for renovation next winter, I hope it won't lose its soul in the process. As for me, I will definitely look into staying at the Bella Lui next time I'm in Crans Montana.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 March 2016 via mobile

I visited Crans-montana for three days only for work, i dont like skying so i thought i will be bored....but i wad actually really surprised. The views and the people are breathtaking. Especially people. Like the hotel staff, who are really friendly and always smiling ...my room was small but this didnt bother me at all. It was cosy, clean and very comfortable. I had also a balcony on an excellent view on the city and the mountains. I will go back for sure , and i will book as well in the Bella lui hotel

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business