Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews his wife jp singh horse riding morning walk personal touch tea estate beautiful monasteries personal care memorable holiday white horse home away from home place to stay every evening walking trails himachal pradesh great food tucked away
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 July 2021

Spent a week remote working from colonels. Loved every minute of it. The rooms were nice ans spacious. The food was absolutely delicious and the hosts were absolutely amazing.
Highly recommend an after dinner walk to the tea garden where you can see hundreds of fireflies dancing around.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2021 via mobile

After a long COVID confinement for more than a year, all family decided to go for a nice one week vacation and to Bir famous for world class paragliding and monasteries in Himachal Pradesh and have a wonderful luxury stay in Colonel’s Resort at Bir, Baijnath. Our experience for a week staying in luxury at Colonel’s Resort of Colonel (Retd) J P Singh and his wife Pratibha has been awesome. The overall ambience, landscaping with beautiful lush green gardens, very spacious well lit rooms with nice pine wood flooring, dinning hall and front open spaces for morn evening tea and bonfire, overlooking hills and also watching paragliding all day, horse riding, morn even walking trails around the resort and amidst tea gardens, most delicious multi cuisine food and unparalleled hospitality has been superb. The family’s personal attention to guests, their guidance and help for all our visits including for paragliding has been our most memorable experience.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2021 via mobile

Visited Colonel's Resort at BIR and what a lifetime experience. Such a beautiful Resort, asthetically designed, awesome hospitality with personal Care, courteous staff, Sumptuous/Exotic & hygenic Food with huge Variety, very reasonable rates. Seemed like I am at my own home...waiting to go back again. Loved my holiday here..

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 February 2021 via mobile

This year due to pandemic my solo trip was a little doubtful and I was not sure where should I go. Then Himachal and Bir stood out from my research as a place worth visiting. Since Bir is primarily an adventure sports destination.. not many high end hotels are there. So after much research we choose Colonel's and it turned out to be the best decision for me. The resort is run by Col. JP Singh and his family. As long as you stay there you will be a part of the family. Atleast one or more family members will always accompany you for each of your meals. They will always take care of you and they will notice all the smallest possible details to make you comfortable.

The resort is the safest place for families and solo female travellers like me. It is well manned and secured. So the grounds are absolutely safe for kids. The resort has three beautiful pets. The friendliest dog on earth Ginger, most beautiful white horse Revati and the most gentle Himalayan pony Noor. So the pet owners be assured that your pets will have the best holiday and company there.

The rooms are extremely well maintained. Clean, spacious and offers an amazing view of the snow capped mountains and valleys. All the rooms are well heated. Even a city girl like me didn't feel the chill.

Their staff is extremely caring and friendly. Be it the manager Tittar Singh ji or the restaurant staff Amrit or Lucky or the housekeeping head Vishnuji, they all took care of me and made me feel like a princess for those 4 days.

The best part about the resort is their food. First time in my life I have experienced that the owners are consuming the same food at the same table. So be assured about the quality of the food. Taste is just heavenly. More over everyday they used to make lot of local delicacies and varieties to satiate your taste bud. All the local delicacies were accompanied by some more common and widely accepted varieties depending on the types of guest. Like I noticed there was pasta and rolls in the menu while the kids were among the guests. For a Marathi family , poha and upma added to the breakfast menu. All the meals were generally a healthy combination of vegetarian and non vegetarian foods. Another shocking realization. I am very prone to quick acidity or upset stomach. But all the days I stayed there.. not a single incident. There food is so well balanced and good for your health.

Lastly, don't miss the small treks through the village to the amazing waterfall and the river behind the resort. Take a walk around and explore the area. It's worth. Feel free to ask Mr. Vikram Aditya as he is the best person to guide you about Bir and will advice you about the best cafes or best trekking route or best activity.

This place connected with me through everything. But mostly connected through the warmth and hospitality of the people. Where staying there only I decided that I will be back here again and very soon. It's not even a week I am back. But I am already missing the amazing Bonfires, the breathtaking view from my window and the long happy chatting sessions with Col Sir, Pratibha mam or Vikram or Kamakshi. This place made me fall in love with Bir and Himachal and I will come back again and again.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 2 February 2021

Our overall experience at the Colonel's Resort was exceptional. The property including the rooms were absolutely clean, well kept with all the requisite amenities working well.The serene beauty of the property, feel-at-home hospitality and the personal touch of the charming owners and ever-polite staff made our trip totally worth it. The beautiful pets - Ginger and Horse Noori were delightful company!

A lovely evening with a generous bonfire under the stars followed by tasty homely dinner served in fine dining style was a great way to end our day.

If you are looking for a nature-based-adventure sports- trip ( World Class Para Gliding) with beautiful walks and treks thrown in , Colonel's Resort is for you.

Room tip: The Superior Room was very good.
Date of stay: February 2021