All reviews his wife personal touch tea estate excellent hosts an army great food wonderful stay paneer bir billing tucked away take care home made special mention jp horses feisty walks
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We went for our anniversary and couldn't have asked for a better trip and stay. Away from the madness of the landing ground, yet close enough for you to walk to the cafes and party places. The resort was quiet, clean and friendly. Evening bonfires were like stories being shared with family.
The food was absolutely great, healthy and home made. We wanted to go on a trek and we're escorted by the young staff members. We were packed with sandwhiches which were more than enough for the 2 of us.
I would say the hospitality was 5 star with the personal touch of an air BNB.
Will go back there soon.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2020

I had the pleasure of re-visiting this very elegant estate after the lockdown. It was so reassuring to see that some things never change - every tiny detail was a reminder of the fact that class and style are not compromised. Thank you all. Stay safe

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 7 November 2020

I came to colonels resort at the end of October, planning to stay for a week and ending up staying for two! I was looking for a place where I could have a working vacation so I could get away from the city and I got that and much much more.

I had the most wonderful stay that included a very comfortable cottage with the most charming window seat, high speed and reliable internet, piping hot showers, great food, delicious nimbu paani ,morning walks with the Colonel, treks in and around the area, evening bonfires, local tea from their tea gardens and lots of fun playing with their adorable collie, Ginger. There are a lot of sunny, tucked away spots to read a book, watch the birds and just breathe in the heavenly smell of pine trees.

The staff is cheerful and extremely helpful and the Colonel and his lovely wife Pratibha are more than happy to recommend places for you to visit , cafés to eat at and even arrange a paragliding flight for you . Their son Vikram was also kind enough to accompany me on some treks and help me with my bucket list of things to do on my next trip!

As I write this review , my heart is still in Bir and I’m already planning my next visit.

My photos don’t do justice to the place, but are a small glimpse of what’s to come if you stay here !

If you’re reading this and planning a stay, whether short or long ,I cannot recommend it enough.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 25 July 2020

Rooms are ok not that to talk about.View from the property is not that great as it shows only the valley going down and no snow peaks.

The food is super super expensive,like if you order from a five star.
Quality is ok.

We even cooked the meat ourselves,then too were charged Rs.1200 for three people for a meat dish.

Total stay bill 3000 and total food bill 4500 for a night for three people.

Paneer was 450 for a dish and chicken was 450 for a dish don't know what's the math behind it.

Don't know what was wrong with the owners.Long time in business but a ripoff owner.

Not going there again and not suggesting anyone.

Ps - 10pm is Colonel uncle ka curfew cause the workers need to sleep and go home.Sobyhe guests can only have fun till 10pm on a holiday.Sorry uncle we are not in school and would want to stay up late a little bit.

Waste of money.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 February 2020 via mobile

The location of Colonels Resort, Bir Billing, nestled in the foothills of the Dauladhar mountains is picture perfect. The buildings, dining room, meadow with horses, walkways blend into the landscape. This is off season in February but it’s a beautiful time- mist rolling in, chill, a bonfire begging to be lit! The rooms are snug and welcoming, the food is delicious and Col JP and his family are excellent hosts. Walking trails, para sailing, monasteries- you never want to leave!

Date of stay: February 2020