Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews his wife jp singh horse riding morning walk personal touch tea estate home away from home beautiful monasteries personal care memorable holiday white horse place to stay every evening himachal pradesh home cooked food tucked away an amazing view
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 December 2019

Great view, abundance of greenery, hot food, and well-kept rooms are amenities that most hotels and resorts in Himachal can claim to offer. But checking into The Colonel’s resort- run by the owners of the property themselves- is like coming to stay with relatives, or visiting your favourite neighbours.
The atmosphere is one of friendship and easy camaraderie. The Colonel himself, with their pet dog Frisky basking in the sun at his feet, is happy to strike a conversation with willing guests. His petite wife ensures that each guest is well looked-after, and personally supervises the kitchen. (One evening, when a cranky little kid of one of the guests insisted that he will eat only paneer-parathas for dinner and nothing else, the gracious hostess gladly ensured that the child’s whim was catered to!)
Providing every assistance with an affable smile is the debonair son of the Colonel and his wife. Widely-read, unassuming, and a gentleman to the core, he ensures that each guest makes wonderful memories at Bir.
I stayed at the resort with colleagues and the students of my school, and my experience was so wonderful that I went to the place the following year again, with my family.
Picturesque ambiance- complete with handsome, contentedly-grazing horses... warm conversations by the bonfire until late into the cool evenings, homely food and polite staff... I have had a lovely stay at the resort and confidently recommended it to several friends.

Date of stay: June 2019
Reviewed 17 November 2019 via mobile

Good property in the lap of nature. Colonel and his staff is amazing. This my 2nd stay with them and they are humble and helpful as before. Property is spread across multiple fields with horses,tea plantation and many more thing s to explore.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2019

I stayed in Colonel's resort. This is the best place in the region.

The one main reason is their extraordinary service staff.
One of the lacking things in properties in Himachal is that the staff are not that well trained to take care of the guests.
But, it is not so in Colonel's cafe. I believe the main reason is that it is run by an Army man.

We reached quite late in night, but even then they took care of us by making the dinner ready, after long hours of it was closed. And to top that up, the dinner was yummy.

This is a big property, we could walk in the gardens, enjoy the beautiful restaurant, and even do camping there.
And they also have their own cows, that's the reason their food is so pure and tasty.

They also have horses, and stable!
and it is right next to tea estate.

Love this property, and I would be a regular visitor. Thank you guys.

Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank SanchitThakur
Reviewed 27 July 2019

Lovely sprawling property in the midst of nature. Obviously a labour of love by Colonel and his family. While it is has all the comforts of a resort, it also the caring personal touch of the owners. We spent a wonderful 2 days there, especially memorable evenings around the bonfire. Special mention and thank you to the Colonel for his concern and reassurance during our journey from Manali as our son taken taken ill on the way!

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Jakes0122
Reviewed 13 June 2019

This hotel has potential, but could be so much better. The rooms are nice and the layout of the hotel is beautiful. There is a nice terrace with a view of the hills and plenty of seating. The showers work well and the pillows are comfortable. However, the food was underwhelming and the breakfast was pretty sad. While the staff seemed attentive, I believe the hotel manager is to blame. I got a bad feeling when we arrived and he seemed somewhat rude. Then, at checkout, he tried to give me the incorrect change. When I asked him for the full amount he acted like it was too much work to find the 100 rupees I was owed. I told him I would come back in a few minutes to collect it. When I came back he acted like he forgot. It was not him money and I felt like it was extremely rude of him to assume I did not want my change.
While the hotel is okay, my experience was unfortunately negative.

Date of stay: June 2019