All reviews across the bridge recommend this hotel flights of stairs lake constance train station old town pedestrian zone your luggage hotel is located reception closes light sleeper parking area large room flat screen family hotel yogurt evelyn
Reviewed 10 August 2018

My wife and I stayed at this small hotel in June of 2017. I dropped the bags off at the hotel and parked across the bridge, a brisk 5 minute walk.
This is a small and quiet hotel located in the Island of Lindau, Bavaria. Checking in was quick and we got wonderful recommendations for places to eat and explore on the island and beyond. The island is small but has a nice little harbor and historic area, as well as some good restaurants.
The room was basic but comfortable. There was no AC, but we did ask for and received a fan (they call it a ventilator...) WiFi in the room was spotty, but was much better by the lobby and dining room.
Breakfast was also basic but enough for us to fuel for our day of adventures in Bavaria. We drove about 1.5 hours east to Fussen and the castles.
Overall this is a solid economical choice for travelers and families who want to stay on the island.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2018

Overall, we were pleased with our selection of this property for our stay in Lindau. We came to this property not knowing what to expect because of differences in reviews. We were a group of 3 adults in our mid to late 60’s.

We were greeted warmly by Evelyn Brugger. Even though it was just after one, she told us our room was available. When a member of our group mentioned they didn’t want to do 3 flights of stairs, she made a real attempt to swap us into another room.
We had requested room to sleep 3 facing away from the street. Although we were told they could not guarantee our request they came through. We were delighted to find that our room 31 was much more spacious than we anticipated. The room had a large footprint – equal to the floor space of two rooms in the floors below. In addition to 3 beds the room had a sofa/futon, a small table with 4 chairs, an honor bar in the refrigerator, a television, lots of storage closets and cabinets. Because the room was in the eaves of the building, some of the ceilings were low. On the negative side as others have mentioned this hotel is a typical 3-star guesthouse without air conditioning, two fans were provided but one day it was still quite uncomfortable. Additionally, we were in the building that did not include a lift/elevator; the 3 flights of stairs were compact and required one to pay attention on the curves.

The bathroom was decent sized for this type of lodging, but the entry door was only about 24 inches wide. The only storage provided was a shelf below the sink. There were no hooks provided and only one towel rack over the toilet. The shower was about 30 inches square with both a rain shower head and a hand-held head. The water pressure was good. Strangely the shower had no wall mounted soap dish or shelf and there was no liquid soap or shampoo dispenser provided in the shower. There was a pump bottle of hand soap provided on the sink, but no other bathroom amenities. Again, as expected in European lodging, no washcloths were provided as these are considered to be a personal item.

The breakfast room was bright, with a glassed-in conservatory which seated at least 5 more tables of 4. The breakfast was well displayed traditional German breakfast of meat, cheeses, bread, sweet rolls, cereal, fruit, juices and yogurts. Two days they had bacon and an egg dish (it may have been their everyday and we missed it). The owners bring your choice of coffee or tea to your table.

Others have complained of traffic around the hotel. Lindau bills itself as a pedestrian zone, with limited access for motor vehicles. There were few, if any streets, on the island that did not have vehicular traffic. There are more vehicles around the hotel, which is at the entrance to the island, but we encountered little difficulty walking and crossing near the hotel.

If you have a vehicle you will be given a card to access parking lot 3 for a deposit of 20 euros which 15 will be refunded when the card is returned. The lot is across the bridge on the mainland, about a 1 ½ block flat walk to the hotel. You can bring your vehicle to the hotel to unload and load your luggage. We did not find it to be an inconvenience.

We loved staying on the island. We were very happy with our stay and would recommend this hotel to others who are looking for this type of lodging at this price point.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Booked it based on the raving reviews and proximity to exhibition center. Reception closes at 9pm and although I warned the hotel of my late arrival, I was scolded by the reception lady for showing up at 8.45pm, after a 6 hours drive. I was given the room overlooking the street, just above a sports bar (it's World Cup time). The room had an unpleasant smell so I asked to see another. After a quick glance at the clock (8.58pm), I was told that no other rooms were available. I pointed out that there is a sign outside the hotel saying "rooms available". I did visit another room but could not stay in.
Lastly, beware that one of the two buildings does not have elevator and that the rooms are not equipped with blinds nor black-out curtains. I wish I knew these details before; I would not have chosen the hotel.
On the plus side, the room was very clean and the breakfast is excellent, with lovey fruit platter, various breads, etc.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 March 2018

I was in this hotel with my parents, who would like to see Bodensee. We chosen this hotel because of location and price. But the hotel is really so lovely. It is small, but clean and has very helpful staff. The room was actually to small for 3 adults and the furniture was not so cozy, but if you open the window you have very nice look on the beautiful small street :) Down is the very good italian bar

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 September 2017

This hotel is a good 15min walk from the station and about 11euro by cab.It is situated a little away from most sights,but in a fair budget value.Rooms are fairly appropriated ,with a low ceiling.Cleanliness is decent.The breakfast was quite good .

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family