See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 May 2016

First of all make sure you have very good GPS for finding the hotel in the woods. The location is lovely and the exterior of the hotel is inviting. I wish the hotel interior would of kept more of the historic charm. The room was made modern and oddly designed. Some private curtains with black outs would of been nice. The bed was a bit uncomfortable and low to the ground. No breakfast served with room stay and restaurant was quite pricey.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2016 via mobile

We spent a night in this lovely hotel on our way to Switzerland.

The hotel is very clean and modern inside. The rooms were spacious and warm. The shower was great.

We also had a fantastic meal in the restaurant. Real quality food with friendly service for a reasonable price.

We were very impressed with this hotel.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank DavidRebecca
Reviewed 14 April 2015

Booked this hotel at the last moment as a stop off on our cycling trip down the Rhine. A long uphill ride from the river but a very pleasant location on the edge of extensive woodland. The Hotel has recently been decorated in a nice modern style, the room was clean and comfortable. The restaurant in the Hotel was not open on Sunday evening but the staff kindly telephoned to make sure we could get a meal at another nearby Hotel. Buffet breakfast was very good.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank David B
Reviewed 8 October 2014

The hotel is a lovely old villa set in its own grounds above the town and has a newly-renovated restaurant. It focuses on steak and is rather expensive - it will be interesting to see if it can build up local trade: there are not enough rooms in the hotel to warrant it. Our room was under the eaves (low head room for my 6'4" husband), close to trees and so dim and a bit full of insects - compensated for by gentle hooting of owls as we went to sleep. During the night the bathroom was invaded by hornets, so don't leave the windows open. Otherwise it was comfortable. The staff did not have much local knowledge and the 'info area' we were directed to for leaflets was bare. Breakfast was extra and not worth it at 11 euros each - small choice of foods, items like smoked salmon and ham left open to the air for goodness knows how long, Somewhat unfriendly service at reception and breakfast though restaurant staff good. We had steak (of course) with a big platter of road Mediterranean vegetables, followed by a sweet version of the traditional Flammkuchen. All good but rather over our budget - after a long drive we didn't want to go hunting for dinner, so felt rather trapped. The second night of our two-night stay we are before returning to the hotel and did not take breakfast on our final morning.

Room Tip: If you are tall, ask about headroom under the eaves, and pack an insect spray.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I booked a room here for 3 nights for a mountain bike tour through the surrounding hills and forest and happened to be one of the first guests in the new rooms after an extensive complete renovation. The completely new decorated rooms do not resemble the ones from from the pics i see before. Its a real step forward and i felt very comfortable. It still smelled a little like fresh paint, but that was compensated by a fast WiFI and new LCD TV with many channels. The Bathrooms very now up to date and had a very nice warm shower. The breakfast was very complete for a 3 star hotel and i could enjoy it on the new terrace on the backside of the hotel in the morning sun. The receptionist spoke very good english and even some Dutch and explained me where to go with my bike for my tour.
They allowed me to park my expensive mountain bike in the basement of the hotel, so i did not have to be afraid that it would get stolen over night.
The Hotel is situated in the middle of the forest and beside the birds singing, its nice and quiet to stay there. The new Steak Restaurant will first open in May, but they advised me where to get dinner close by and were very helpful. I even could enjoy a nice white beer in their beer garden in the afternoon sun after my tour through the forest.
I can truly advise to stay there, its now a very nice place at reasonable prices. I will come back here soon with some friends to explore the beautiful forest around the hotel.

Room Tip: the rooms on the corners are very nice
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo