See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 April 2015 via mobile

Was in the area recently and struggled to find a hotel so came across the Bellevue which was one of the few places available. Located about 1.5km away from the old town which is a pity as it lacks the atmosphere of Hameln.
Room was clean, comfortable and the Internet wifi worked fine.

Date of stay: April 2015
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 18 March 2015

I stayed here for 3 nights when I was visting Hannover Messe. This hotel is situated 53km from the Hannover Messe site. The hotel is clean and has friendly staff. The rooms are quite big and have good beds. Downsides of rooms are however the following. No coffe machine in room. No English speaking tv stations other than News stations. No elivator.
The hotel offered free breakfast. It was quite good.

The free internet is something that was horrible. The speed was so slow, that there was no way, that I could do my work in the evening as I had planned. The internet there has the same speed I used to have in 1998 !!!!.. Terrible internet. If you are on business, this is no good for you.

One other downside is that the hotel does not offer some kind of Bar/snack service in the evening. You have to rely on Hameln for that, and let me tell you Hameln is a "sleepy " town. We arrived on Sunday, and almost all restaurants and bars were closed. On Monday they were open, but the selection is something to be improved.

A cosy town that is probably a fun visit with your family on a sunny summer day, but in march, for Hannover Messe you can probably do bettar.

All in all, a nice stay, will come back with my family, but not for business.

Room tip: Ask for rooms on the lower floors, because there is no elivator.
Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank heyvinds
Reviewed 19 October 2014

This hotel is easily located among the large houses in a leafy suburb not far from the town centre and has ample private car parking. We had a very friendly reception from the owner, a fellow-Scot married to a German lady. Our room was spacious, airy and pleasantly furnished, with a well-equipped bathroom featuring a full-size walk-in shower, a great boon for elderly travellers like us. Breakfast provided a large range of cold food and warm boiled eggs, with good strong coffee. We would certainly use this hotel again.

Date of stay: September 2014
Reviewed 3 September 2014

This hotel is like a very large private house in a residential area with parking to front and back. The person who checked us in was friendly and spoke good English as did the check-out person. Our room was on the first floor facing the road, but it was quiet even with the windows open. There is no lift. The furniture was light brown, the carpet and furnishings blue. It was a fairly large room with a small but adequate well-fitted en-suite in one corner. The towels were rather small and although the hairdryer had a nozzle it had no temperature control. Even with all the windows open and a fan it was warm as there was no air-conditioning unit. The bed was comfortable but the pillows were flat. I have noticed this (flat pillows) before in Germany. We enjoyed a good breakfast next morning.
Difficult to comment on service as we only saw the staff at check -in and -out and for a short time at breakfast. They are not available out-of-hours. Although very clean and comfortable I agree with another reviewer who felt it was not good value in view of the lack of amenities. I imagine it might be difficult to sleep during hot weather. The short walk to the town includes crossing a busy road junction.

Room tip: Remember there is no lift.
Date of stay: July 2014
1  Thank ge0rgiana
Reviewed 28 August 2014

My wife and I stayed here for one night in an upper floor room with balcony overlooking the main street.

Pros:

- free and plentiful parking

- nice varied breakfast buffet in a pleasant room

- friendly host

- in room electronic safe

- our room had a patio

- free WI FI

Cons:

- relatively small room for the price considering a better deal can be had in the larger hotels

- lack of air-con was an issue for us as the room got very warm

- easy walk to the center although one must cross a major intersection ( would have preferred something more central)

- tiny (but functional and clean) bathroom

- availability of personal assistance limited to certain hours of the day

Overall, good for a night but not more as it doesn't represent good value for the amenities.

I hope you find this review helpful!

Date of stay: June 2014