See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 May 2016 via mobile

Fantastic 4 night stay in an 'apartment' in Ruhpoldinger Hof. Super, clean room with an adjoining sofa bed room for our toddler. This was in the main hotel, I believe they do have proper apartments with kitchenettes near by.

Beautiful sun terrace with gorgeous mountain view. The staff were so helpful, friendly and paid attention to detail.

Breakfasts in the newly refurbished breakfast room were excellent, buffet style, with a selection of breads, meats and cheeses. Best of all, a variety of homemade jams.

Pool under the hotel is really peaceful.

The restaurant is closed on Mondays and Tuesday evenings. We have eaten there many times, and found the food simple but delicious, especially there asparagus menu. The restaurant, in typical style of that region is quite dated, but you will generally find that all over Ruhpolding and surrounding

Our bathroom had all amenities but no window so it was quite dark. Didn't bother us hugely.

Overall a really great, family friendly hotel with super staff in a really central location.

Also worth noting, the Extra Kart is really useful with buses and attractions etc...they will give you one on reception and impart loads of helpful information.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Laurelgreen
Reviewed 13 August 2015

We just spent a fabulous 6 nights at the Ruhpoldinger Hof (family of 5 - 2 adults & 3 children)). Rooms spacious and comfortable, buffet breakfast included and good, hearty meals in restaurant. Staff - without exception - helpful and friendly. We used hotel bikes to explore Ruhpolding and wider area which was great.

Ruhpolding such a lovely place for a family holiday: beautiful scenery; excellent cycle and walking routes; lots of great eateries, ice cream shops and places for a cool beer. Amazing Freibad with fantastic views of Alps and great mini golf course.

Room Tip: No air con in rooms so can be a bit hot in the rear rooms as sun sets at back of hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 February 2015 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights in single room. The room was comfortable if not luxurious. It served a purpose for my visit to a beautiful part of the world.
Susie on reception was extremely helpful and bubbly and the bar was relaxing and staff polite and efficient. I had breakfast pre prepared and left in my room due to an early departure
I wish I'd taken some swimming gear to use the pool and sauna.
Thank you for a very pleasant and stress free stay.
I'd certainly use it as s base again in the future.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Evertonian_1
Reviewed 16 October 2014

This family owned classic Bavarian hotel (with its own schnapps distillery on site) provided us with a base of operations to explore from Chiemsee to Berchtesgaden to Ruhpolding to Salsburg (Austria) with ease. The staff and family are over-the-top attentive and a pleasure to be around. The meals in the on-site restaurant are traditional and first rate. We're going back.

Room Tip: All are charming.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We spent a week at the Traunbachhausl in Ruhpolding in June which was fantastic as usual, on our final night decided to eat at the Ruhpoldinger Hof. When we arrived there was only one other couple in the restaurant, which should have set the alarm bells ringing. We had looked at the menu a couple of times and the food was described as home made and the prices were reasonable. My wife ordered home made pasta with mushrooms and a cream sauce. I ordered chicken Cordon Blue. The pasta when it arrived had obviously been pre prepared sometime before and was dry and stuck together, the sauce, if there had ever been any had been absorbed by the pasta. The Cordon Blue was flat, square, like a slice of bread and was pre formed, like the cheap frozen ones you get from the supermarket. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone, not even with the most jaded pallete.

Room Tip: We only ate in the hotel restaurant and did not stay at the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple