All reviews great hotel new section old town neckar river forced air modern rooms desk staff excellent location train station definitely stay here again lovely town breakfast buffet air conditioning place to stay within walking distance wifi password
Reviewed 14 July 2018

Stayed here for four days during a short summer break. There are several great things to say about this hotel:
Firstly, service is very good. I can make myself understood in German, but prefer English if I have more complex issues to ask for, which was no problem at the reception.
Secondly, my room was very spacious, as was my bathroom. Nice bed, a chair and a small couch, a working desk and large windows facing the busy street outside.
Thirdly, the hotel is in the middle of everything. The Neckar Brücke is one minute away by foot, and then you are in the old town. The railway and main bus station is a four minutes walk away.
Fourthly, breakfast is good and delicately presented in a very nice room with plenty of space at all times when I had my breakfast. There is also a nice cafe next to the hotel entrance, as well as a restaurant (the latter one I did not check out, by thhe way).

It was warm and partly sunny during my stay, though not exxtremely so. There was some aircon in my room, but I never figured out how I could regulate it (if possible), as my room was quite warm, and I noticed that it was significantly cooler in the hall outside my room. Due to the aircon, it was noted on the window that we were recommended to keep them shut. As mentioned, my room faced the outside street, and the windows were double to protect from noise. I should have asked for whether it was possible to increase the power of the aircon, but ended up keeping the windows open when in the room (nights were pretty cool). The noise from outside could be annoying at times, but I slept well anyway.

Depending on expectations, I can understand that some rate this hotel top notch. But it is not a luxury hotel, and you're not always looking for it either. It is a very nice and well run hotel, with a family friendly atmosphere, very good in most respects.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

The Hotel KRONE is an amazing hotel, great location, excellent welcome, very comfortable and nicely equipped rooms, impeccable clean, very friendly, helpful and very caring Team Members. I can recommend very highly and I will be back for sure.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Alexander S, Inhaber at Hotel Krone Tuebingen, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2018

Dear uwek58,

thank you so much for your review!
We definitely look forward to welcoming you again in our Hotel!

Reviewed 18 December 2017

Centrally located. Awesome customer service. Great amenities. Very clean rooms and great restaurants connected to the hotel. Highly recommended. I would stay here again. Thank you for all the great service!!

Reviewed 18 December 2017

I stayed in Hotel Krone Tuebingen for 2 weeks. During my visit, the desk staff were incredibly friendly and accommodating. The room was nice and spacious and kept tidy through the duration of my stay. The hotel is in a convenient location, right on the water and a short walk to the train station and into the old city center. Overall, a great stay!

Reviewed 17 December 2017

Great place to stay in Tubingen! Friendly staff that was very helpful in navigating the area. Close to restaurants and shopping, short walk to old town with great vantage points of the river. Enjoyed my time at Hotel Krone Tubingen.