US$ 115
Hotel Watthalden(Ettlingen)
  • Pool
Stadthotel Engel(Ettlingen)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsnice hotelbusiness stayfitness arearoom serviceswimming poolnice lobbyby european standardspleasant stayplenty of parkingmini fridgedecent pricebaden badenarriving lateloved this hotelbusiness classthe main reasonsmall gym
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

I am appalled by the service quality and staff attitude. We selected to stay with family but even a request to ask water or an extra blanket was way too much for hotel staff to handle. Disappointed to see sas service as such.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Hagen M, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Karlsruhe, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Dear Khalid A,
first of all, thank you very much for having been stayed at our hotel with your family, most probably participating at a huge event which had taken place at the fair of Karlsruhe. I would like to add here that the visitors of the fair are entirely catered and servied at the fair, being a huge group all together.

Here at the hotel we had experienced that last year nearly all guests requested additional bedding for their rooms and after check out we had seen that more guests had slept in the rooms without us knowing that (please: I am not saying that this was the case regarding you, but it is important to understand our approach). That is the reason why we decided this year: "you get what you booked" and not more.

I would like to express that I and we all are very happy having you here as our guests and am looking forward to the upcoming years. Our relationship with the organizing team is very good and we are proud to have you all here.

If you want, just give me a call; I would like to make you a happy guest and hope that I did not make you even more angry with this email; this is absolutely not my intention.

Kind regards

Reviewed 22 August 2017

Quick view:

Hotel looks very nice, rooms are clean and the staff is excellent. A fairly long walk from transportation. the place is only good if you are driving but parking isnt cheap even though you are outside the city.

Details:

Stayed here for a few weeks on a work trip. The hotel itself is pretty nice and the rooms are quite comfortable and decorated nice. Mini fridge full of expensive drinks so I did not partake.

The staff was extremely friendly and very helpful with any questions I had.

Food in the hotel was pricey but quite good the few times I ate there. There are a few places you could get a meal in walking distance however much better options if you are in Karlsruhe proper.

The gym was crowded but had plenty of equipment for a good workout. I have seen in another review that they are renovating it so I'm sure it will be nice once its finished.

I did use public transportation 1 day but the walk was a little farther than I'd like. Ettlingen is a small little town with a few places that offer food and shops which close early.

Never stayed at a Radisson hotel before but you do earn points very fast!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Hagen M, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Karlsruhe, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Dear Lets_Tacobout_it2,

I would like to thank you for the review which vor me does quite well represent what a guest can experience here. Having stayed here with us for several weeks, you are for sure able to judge and describe your experience quite well. I am very happy about the fact that "the staff is excellent". In my opinion it counts a lot for travellers to get this feeling in a hotel. Of course, in a hotel of our standard prices are a bit higher, but we prefer to keep offering services to our guests to give them the opportunity to chose to have the service available.
We are currently indeed renovating the sauna and fitness area for a huge amount of money but will have a high end area as of mid or October 2017 hopefully. During that time we have installed a temporary fitnessroom which sometimes is a bit crowded, but as you say, there is plenty of equipment for a good workout. My tip for the summer months: there are super nice jogging and cycling tracs right adjacent to the hotel, for example direction Rhine river, a really nice place to visit.
Looking forward to seeing you back here some time, I remain,
with kind regards

Reviewed 2 August 2017

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu
Rebekka K, Reservation Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Karlsruhe, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Reviewed 30 June 2017

I stayed one weeknight at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Karlsruhe, when arriving late in Frankfurt one evening. I didn't have the energy to drive to Strasbourg and so selected this location as the midway point. The hotel is easily accessed from the A5 motorway, located on a quiet access road at a distance that is protected from the noise of vehicles on the motorway.

I enjoyed an upgrade to a full suite with separate living and entertaining area and a large bathroom. I appreciated the friendly plants in the living area. It added a soft element of home to the accommodations.

The typical Radisson Blu breakfast--which is very good--was on offer. I rate the Radisson Blu breakfasts as one of the best features of the hotel chain. Staff was very friendly--the apprentice working the desk was quite skilled to make all the necessary arrangements.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business

Dear travelentuziast,

WOW, what a nice review!

I hope that you will stay here with us every time you need to drive from Frankfurt to Strasbourg since our hotel is indeed then an ideal place to just have a short break.

;-)

Kind regards and thank you for all,

Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

The hotel is totaly ok for Radisson standards. Clean rooms, comfortable beds. An excellent breakfast. They really try to live up to their promise to listen to all your wishes. I wanted eggs Benedict for breakfast. Were not on a menu, but rhe shef came of with his own variation few minutes later. In general an excellent breakfast. Durimg my stay gym and sauna were closed for renovation, with a promiae to open up to a much better standard soon. Dissapointing that being outside the city the hotel still charges 11 EUR a night for parking, since it is obvious that only people with a car will stay here. Still all in all, good hotel for an adequate price.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends