All reviewsnice hotelbusiness stayfitness arearoom serviceswimming poolnice lobbyby european standardspleasant stayplenty of parkingmini fridgedecent pricebaden badenarriving latebusiness classthe main reasonsmall gymlarge room
Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

Radisson blu Hotel is a very convenient hotel centrally located with nice modern updated rooms and great breakfast menue.

Enough parking and attractions around very close 3 minutes to a spectacular golf course Gut Scheibenhardt private club.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 June 2016

I went to this place many times. It is located at the main street therefore it can be somehow loud. Be sure to take a room not facing the street.
The hotel offers an awesome breakfast buffet. Rooms are clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room NOT at the street
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Hagen M, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Karlsruhe, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2016

Dear Luis M.,

thank you for your positive review and comments of our indeed somehow impressing breakfast buffet which can now also be taken on the nice summer terrace adjacent to the restaurant.

I am glad that you like our newly refurbished guest rooms which are quite nice indeed. ;-)

Looking forward to welcoming you again soon,

I remain,

yours sincererly

Hagen Müller

Reviewed 10 June 2016

I know this hotel for many years and stayed several times there. Never liked it that much. But times change.

First of all, they updated the rooms. More precisely: everything except the bathroom interior. And this is a really good change. the rooms are now modern, TV, bed, pillows, linen, curtains, floor, desk, although lots of red, all done well. I liked it a lot and it improved the well being in the rooms extremely.

Second the breakfast. It is not only VERY good in terms of choice and QUALITY (the "Laugenbrötchen" and the meat, mmmhhh yummy), what makes it really special are lots of small things such as form of the forks for the cheese, the knife for butter and so one.

A lot of attention is given to many small details, the way of presentation is extraordinary and I was really really excited every morning to get breakfast there again. This usually does´t happen that often in hotels of this category.

Additional to this they have beer garden / outside seating, huge parking, a pool (bit small, not deap, more old fashioned) and maybe the only real negative point is the location being too close to the highway, so noise is an issue.

As a summary; now with the updated rooms and the particularly amazing breakfast buffet Radisson Karlsruhe distincts himself from boring business hotels of that kind, thats why you can look forward to a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Yasemin B, Reservation Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Karlsruhe, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2016

Wow, Your praise has delighted the whole team. Thank you very much :-)

Reviewed 3 June 2016

Really loved this hotel. It's a hotel for conferences, but we chose it as an overnight stop because of its proximity to the highway. It's big, bright and cheerful. Lobby, lounge, dining room flow into one another, all well-decorated and inviting. Room was very comfortable - large windows (double-glazed to completely cut out any noise from the highway) and furnished with very good-quality fittings. Bathroom was spotless. Dinner was very good and breakfast in the room was excellent and very generous. Staff were friendly and attentive. And rate was reasonable. We considered it a real find!

Stayed: June 2016

Dear 744kay, we really love you ;-) Thank you for your feedback. Yes, you are right, we are perfectly located for a stop over. Also good to know: We offer a "Family Stop over special" for family´s traveling with children. Check it out on our website. Kind regards

Reviewed 24 May 2016

We stayed here on a road trip to Austria with a large party of people in April.
The hotel is situated right off the main motorway on a little industrial area.
When checking in the lady at reception told me my credit card, which I had used not an hour earlier on a toll road, had been declined and asked me for another card, reluctantly handing over my usual debit card she then processed the payment on that. A little while later I went back to reception to ask again if they could try my credit card as i'd budgeted for our stay on that, not out of my bank account which held our holiday money! She tried again and this time it went through, she then said there had obviously been an issue with their machine. She told me she would refund the room charge back onto my debit card but it could take 6 weeks for it be refunded...no apology or anything, despite making me feel really embarrassed in the first instance and then admitting it was their mistake anyway.
Anyway, things did improve as the room was clean and comfortable although pretty basic, and we had a good night with the other road trippers in the bar where a DJ was set up. The breakfast was ok, but had run out of a lot of things by the time we got down there and we had to wait a while for them to be replenished.
One other slight thing that was a little annoying was I left a pair of silver earrings in the bathroom in our hurry to leave and get back on the road, my own stupid fault I know, but as the hotel had my address it wouldn't have been too difficult for them to pop them in an envelope and send them back to me would it?

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends