All reviews soft play family hotel kids club swimming pool cable car black forest card childcare facilities winter ski slopes snow
Reviewed 25 February 2015

We stayed in the hotel with our two kids for a week. We went to this hotel already some 6 years ago. The hotel made major investment since then, rooms were refurbished and a big slide was installed.

The hotel is perfectly located - only 5 minutes from the slopes and lifts. There is also a hill for sledging which we used a lot. You can easily walk to the other part of the ski area with pubs and restaurants.

The rooms were nice, children friendly, enough storage space, a TV. The staff in the hotel was friendly. The food was very good, always something for kids. Our kids loved the swimming pool and the slide as well as the play area next to the swimming pool. They also enjoyed the Wave clubs for older kids where they found some friends.

We definitely recommend this hotel. It is suitable for younger as well as older kids. It is great for skiers with less experience as the slopes are not too high and not too crowded.

Date of stay: February 2015
1  Thank Myska74
Management response:Responded 28 May 2015

Dear guest,

I am very pleased about your lovely comment. I am happy to read a very positive and nice comment. Good to hear, that you and your family had a wonderful and enjoyment time here in the hotel Feldberger Hof. I am lucky that you come back after 6 years.

I look forward to see you and your family back to us and I wish you all the best until then. Have a nice time

Best regards
Racha Larbi - Your enjoyment officer

Reviewed 21 September 2014

We stayed for two nights - rainy days but plenty to occupy the kids: indoor play areas, outdoor playgrounds, pool, mini disco, minigolf, pony riding, kids walks - perfect entertainment for the kids. Good food/ drinks and genuinely friendly service.

Date of stay: September 2014
1  Thank Baselrose
Ramona K, Wohlfühlbeauftragte at Familotel Feldberger Hof, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2014

Dear Guests,

thank you so much for this lovely evaluation. I’m very happy to hear about your great stay. I hope to see you again soon. Until then I wish you all the best.

Best regards from Feldberg
Ramona Krieger – Guest service

Reviewed 2 September 2014

Very good family hotel, not so far from Basel. Many things to do with kids, I traveled with a 4 years old and a 4 months old.
The room was huge (Residenz), poney ride and swimming pool were the highlights for my son.

Room tip: The Resindez accommodate 2 families.
Date of stay: July 2014
1  Thank Simone F
Franziska S, Wohlfühlbeauftragte at Familotel Feldberger Hof, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Dear Simone,

thank you for this lovely evaluation. I'm very glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay and that you and your children enjoyed your holiday in our hotel.
I am also delighted to hear that you liked our rooms and especially the pony riding and the swimming pool.

I would be very pleased to welcome you again and until then I wish you and your family the best.

Sincerely Franziska Schuhmacher- Ihre Wohlfühlbeauftragte

Reviewed 26 July 2014

For Family with children excellent. The Hotel offer all You need for a stay with children. The Crew ist always there for any Wishes. The Rooms are very large and spacious, everthing You need for toddlers You will find it.

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Franziska S, Wohlfühlbeauftragte at Familotel Feldberger Hof, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear Massimo,

thank you for this lovely evaluation. I'm very happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel and that you and your children had a wonderful time. I am also delighted to hear that you liked our staff and especially the rooms.

I would be very pleased to welcome you again and until then I wish you and your family just the best.

Sincerely Franziska Schuhmacher – Ihre Wohlfühlbeauftragte

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Travelling with a 3 years old kid and being only 1 hour drive from Baden Switzerland, on the long weekend of accession, we arrived at 12.30, had to wait until 15.30 to check-in (no where written). The hotel was overcrowded and we had to wait more than 10 minutes from reception every time. Hotel and room (we got a apartment hotel) are quite clean and the apartment was quite big and nice. Having booked all-inclusive, we entered the first day in the restaurant. There were no person to ask, we had to wait 5 minutes to find a place and grab a child-chair. The food is ok (if you prefer the quantity rather than quality is ok!). Even booking a table in their special restaurant was a hassle and despite a booking at 19.30, people had to wait until 19.40 until they opened as there were late!.. the gym was just ok, no towel, no water……to make it short, comparing to the austrian Löwe&Bär Hotel with almost same pricing, the service culture is missing. Play room and swimming pool was quite though.

Date of stay: May 2014
1  Thank ABadi1234

Dear guests,
I´m very happy to hear that you liked the style of the hotel and your room.
I am however very upset to hear that we weren't able to meet your expectations.
The long waiting times at the reception are not good, we know that, but in winter season our hotel is so highly frequented that we hope our guests can forgive us. We try to do everything we can to make the waiting times as short as possible.

Even if you weren't fully satisfied with your stay this time, I hope you will visit us again soon so that we may please you then.
I wish you and your family the best.

Sincerely Franziska Schuhmacher- Ihre Wohlfühlbeauftragte