All reviews beautiful hotel lake constance would stay again balcony orchard
Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

I have been here at various times from 2006 on. The Hotel has gone through an extension, adding new rooms and Sauna and still keeping the old restaurant rooms and style. Good food, slightly pricey, well suited between Airbus and Rolls-Royce (10 min drive to either).

Date of stay: August 2015
Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

This restaurant is located in a hotel and situated very near Lake Constance. Prior to dinner we walked down to the lake and enjoyed the views before proceeding to dinner proper.

I ordered the cold soup (can't remember the name) as a starter and then the fish from the lake which came with a scattering of corn flakes on the top. Enjoyed both although i felt that the fish was a tad salty but generally i discovered that soups, sauces and dishes in Germany are quite salty. No dessert as all of us were full from the generous portions.

After dinner while waiting for our ride back to our hotel, a beautiful rainbow appeared due to the brief downpour before dinner. It formed a semi circle arch as we drove back to the hotel. A perfect end to the evening.

Date of stay: June 2016
Reviewed 18 May 2016

Began each day with a great breakfast buffet followed by a relaxing massage. Our visit included a daily walk past the boat club and along the lake. The view of the snow covered alps was spectacular. Of course an afternoon stop at the lakefront cafe was on our schedule. Local beer, wine or a cappuccino on the lakefront made the day pass far too quickly. Spend several hours in the steam and dry sauna and you are ready for a wonderfully prepared dinner. Special diatary requests are not an issue. An after dinner drink at the bar and bed. Perfect way to decompress. I recommend it.

Room tip: Off the main road facing the lakeside
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2015

During a recent whirlwind tour in Europe, I booked Hotel Traube am See via my iPhone when my battery was low - so I didn't really have time to review it properly. But I was delighted with the result. First class service (including a warm greeting, great price, a free drink at the bar and a room upgrade) combined with a really good meal at their own restaurant (the food was excellent, but I was almost full after the entree salad - God knows how I got through the steak!!). The large pool, spa and huge sauna areas were just fabulous. Spotlessly clean and 5-6 star quality. While very close to the lake, remember....it's a huge lake!! Be aware it's a 10mins bus ride to Friedrichshafen Bahnhoff, so it's not central to town. Otherwise, I'd recommend this hotel to anyone!!

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 18 September 2015 via mobile

I stayed 2 nights and everything was good!
Easy check in, clean and comfortable room, good restaurant and excellent breakfast.
They have ironed my shirt very quickly because I was rushing and they did it perfectly!
Would go back with the family for a nice vacation if I could.
Thank you!