All reviews zeppelin museum church bells mini bar hotel is located lake constance breakfast buffet nice breakfast the young lady street noise smoked salmon elevator alarm sauna proximity lakeside
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

If you’re used to BW and german high quality standard in combination with sense for order you’ll be the most probably very disappointed.
So I was when I visited the hotel this October.
Personal at reception was very disorganized and unprofessional and provided key from room that was not prepared after the last guest.
Therefore I had to get another room which was prepared but quite unclean - furniture, carpet etc.
In short, I have visited the hotel 5 times over the last 2 years but I won’t choose it for my next visit.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed in the BW Hotel Goldenes Rad Hotel last night.

Booked 3 rooms on booking.com but when we checked in they claimed we only booked 1 rooms, despite having the confirmation to show the receptionist.

“Luckily” they had 2 rooms left, so we thought we could relax. Oh how I wish we had to change to a different hotel.

Most of the hotel rooms are in a building over the road. This building has one very small, dodgy looking lift and a very dimly lit spiral staircase.

We paid £95 (€109) for each single room, including breakfast for this 4* hotel. In all seriousness, £15 would have been too much.

The room was awful. The only positive you could say is that the bedding was spotless. The carpet is as thick as a sheet of A4 paper with no underlay, and is covered in suspicious stains (see photo).

The bathroom was awful, the shower was a joke, no hot water and it only ran at a trickle, unless you are happy with a freezing cold shower. The radiator in the bathroom was minging (see photo).

There are metal shutters on the windows that you can close but then makes you feel like you are inside a prison cell.

The walls & door are paper thin so you can hear everything from the rooms next door and the corridor.

Went to breakfast this morning but it’s far too small for the size of hotel and there wasn’t any free tables.

To call this hotel a 4**** Hotel is an insult to other 3 & 4**** hotels and also an insult to people who stay their expecting a 4**** Hotel. I have never stayed in a 3* hotel which was not superior to this property.

If I would have given a 0/5 review I would have done so.

Please book a different hotel in your visit to Friedrichshafen

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 17 August 2018

Room was very basic with no aircon which is unusual for a hotel advertised as four star, the temperature was mid thirty’s when we were there, we ask for a fan which was going to be placed in our room but it never arrived, the actual room was in a separate building so we had to go across the street for the hotel breakfast, luckily not raining, overall very disappointing.

Room tip: Go Elsewhere
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2018

Although this a great location there is much wrong with this hotel. The worst is the bathroom. It has old fashioned high, deep and curved bottomed tubs. They are dangerous to get in and out of to take a shower. Then there is the water heater problem. The desk said they knew about it and were trying to work on it. On my last two mornings my showers were in cooler than tepid water. Very unacceptable! Most of Europe has no air conditioning, but this hotel has no screens and it is on a fly infested beautiful lake, the Bodensee. If you open the window for fresh air the flys are in your room. They did provide us a fan on day three. I would not stay here again.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 May 2018

Great location in the center of the main street of town - one short block from the promenade along the water - Lake Constance. Very quiet even though in the middle of everything. a few blocks from the Zeppelin museum. Nice breakfast and well kept up property.

Date of stay: May 2018