All reviews sign saying yogurt nice hotel zeppelin museum lake constance espresso germany
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

We spent five nights at this hotel, chosen because it was close to the train station. From there we visited the charming cities around Lake Constance.
Our bedroom was on the second floor, with no elevator. Room was comfortable with two beds, a table and two chairs, nice bathroom, two windows with view to the building in the back, but we had daylight and good air circulation.
Breakfast was included and it was great! Well supplied, a varied selection of bread, cheese and ham and sausage, egg, yoghurt, cereals, juices and a good espresso every morning.
We could pick water and soft drinks from a fridge at the entrance for free!
We liked it very much.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marisa R
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

I would give it negative points if I could. We checked in. Lady at front desk redefined grumpy. Room was smaller than most closets. No AC. Stuffy and smell of a dead body. Asked if we could just cancel. She said no cancellation. Ran the credit card and said to leave the property immediately. Do not park here and don't come back, she says. You would think this review sounds like either I was argumentative or you want to dismiss. But don't. The hotel is bad. I was very nice through the short engagement.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2017

Really nice hotel, close to the main station. The stuff have been helpfull all the time, tasty and delicious breakfast, clean room. Nice surprise was that there were drinks (water, coke) at the reception desk avaiable for guests.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 June 2017

It could be good for drivers - I picked it for the parking spots out the front and the easy access from main roads. It’s a short walk to the waterfront but then an additional kilometre along the waterfront to the zeppelin museum. The entrance is around the back and has a fixed sign saying that they’re not in and you have to call, but they’re probably in (wave through the window).

My room (cheapest category) was sub-Japanese in size with a single bed wedged under the window. The bathroom was small but actually quite functional. Free wifi was excellent. The TV accepted USB drives. Breakfast was a pretty good selection - I'm sure I was told it was was €9 extra but they might have included it in my price. Smoke from the balcony rooms was a problem for me as was noise, with the internal stairs very creaky, guests going up and down the external stairs early in the morning, and the hotel being right under the flight path, with planes starting at 6am.

If this were actually a cheap hotel, I might be impressed, but it was one of the more expensive hotels I stayed at in Germany. Maybe there’s something wrong with Friedrichshafen that makes it a very expensive town (I can’t think why, it’s a bit of a hole, but maybe it's a popular tourist trap), so check prices carefully against full-size alternatives before choosing.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 October 2015

We stayed here for one night during a cycling trip. The hotel is clean and close to the main street. The rooms were ok with small bathrooms. Breakfast was good. The service was very good with friendly reception and complimentary water. The reception is not always open.

Stayed: September 2015